Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maintenance/ Diagnostic Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

Errors and freezes have been happening more frequently on my laptop enough to make me want to run some sort of diagnostic test on my system to find out the general condition or if there's something wrong and so i can fix it. Anyone know how exactly to do a diagnostic test? is there a software out there? 

I appreciate any kind of suggestions :)) Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

There is not any absolute diagnostics program that works always and everywhere
That's why You should talk to us:
  1. what is the laptop name, mark, release date, etc
  2. how did Windows 10 came into it
  3. the Windows 10 version -  is it OEM or retail or something else, for example Enterprise, Education etc.
  4. how long it has been there, ie how long ago was done the last clean install?
  5. what other programs are installed, such as: anti-virus, firewall, cleaning the registry maintenance, antimalware etc.

Edited by kaljukass, 12 November 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#3 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

1. ASUS x453M

2. I updated from Windows 8.1

3. Windows 10 Home SIngle Language Version 1607 OS Build 14393.447 

4. I've never done a clean install? When I bought this laptop it already had windows (8.1) in it and i just upgraded when win10 became available though i did do a system restore about last month

5. i haven't installed any new programs recently. i have never cleaned the registry and i only have malwarebytes and windows defender as an antirvus

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Please post the exact error messages you are receiving.

When the computer freezes does this happen no matter what your a doing, or does this occur when doing one thing only, like playing games?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YcsYHliJE6UYXGVSRodTZg4

I don't know what my psu is, how do i find out?

No errors apprear, it just happens and Im pretty sure that the past freezes happened while i was streaming online videos

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

Why do you have updates turned off?  There are a lot of security updates which can help keep your computer safe.

In your first post you posted "Errors and freezing are happening...", this is why I asked about the error message.  When you use the combination it indicates that you are receiving error message.

If this is only happening while streaming videos I would suggest that you contact your ISP and have them run a speed test.  Of you can do this yourself, go to , click on Go to start the test.  This will test download speed and upload speed.  Post both of these in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:29 AM

That's...weird, i actually get updates regularly and automatically.... i don't know why it says that on speccy. Maybe it's because I've never actually turned it on because it's always on? Like specifically for my Windows 10 version, Windows Update is always on and I can't turn it off

Oh yeah sorry my bad. Nevermind the error message part.

Download Speed: 2.82 Mbps

Upload Speed: 0.54 Mbps

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:44 AM

You speed is really slow.  I suspect that a good portion of your problem is related to this lack of speed.  By comparison, my download speed is 34Mbps, and upload speed of 5.4Mbps.

#9 archaiccitizen

archaiccitizen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:53 PM

Yikes...well okay guess my internet just can't handle it then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users