Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIndows Firewall rules for NOD32 Antivirus to can update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xspeed

xspeed

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know please what rules should be created in Windows Firewall in order for NOD32 Antivirus to update, considering that all outbound trafic is blocked, and all the rules should be created manually.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

I would add ESET NOD32's executables to exclusion.

For curiosity, why do you block all outgoing traffic? It causes a lot more hassle than any little protection it can give.

#3 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

Much appreciation Sintharius,

Just for experimental and education purpose, with the exposed risk included

Can you please give some more details, why do you consider:

For curiosity, why do you block all outgoing traffic? It causes a lot more hassle than any little protection it can give.

Have a wonderful weekend!

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

For me, having to give permission to every program that access the internet (even if I only have to do it once) is bothersome, and if you have to use the Windows Firewall to block something malware sending out of your computer then it means you are already infected, and your antivirus is not doing its job.

Better to surf safely with caution and security software instead of obsessing with the little details of something that offers very little effect once you are infected, no?

#5 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

Maybe it is a incomprehensible ambition :) At least as an experiment it could be interesting :)

Until now, I've done my best to achieve the experiment results :)

If all the OS updates, OS in general, and the rest of the needed application work :) Hopefully everything will be ok in the future also.

Probably NOD32 Antivirus is one of the last goals to touch in this hole attempt :)

Hopefully after I will add manually all these: http://support.eset.com/kb332/?viewlocale=en_US

as rules in the Windows Firewall, NOD32 will also function properly....

Any ideas please what else could go wrong in the future with this "adventure" ?:)

All the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users