Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repairing a possible bricked router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 findo

findo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

I've been working with this router for the last few days. This is actually my previous home router that I now plan to use as a range extender.

First objective though will be to get the thing to fully boot. As of at least yesterday the power indicator has continuously blinked, with none of the LAN indicators lit. I've tried pinging the router after doing 60/60/60 hard resets X3. The the LAN LED is now lit, but still 100% packet lost during ping. From what I can find in my research, the router firmware is corrupted or I have an internal component failure. I have considered trying to use TFTP to push a stable firmware version, but I doubt that would work with this poor connection. I also have no experience with TFTP however. 

Which is why I'm here asking for guidance. I've probably already spent to much time with this project. Can anyone confirm my logic and/or give guidance on next steps or how to push this firmware? Thanks in advance.

Router: Linksys E3000 version 1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users