Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aspireone notebook booting issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sapphiresfire30

sapphiresfire30

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

I am having trouble booting up. I have used safemode, enabled VGA, last good configuration and it all starts great but then freezes giving me a blank screen. Not sure what happend. Can anyone please help. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

I am not sure how the battery access is on the Aspire One but if you can remove the main battery detach it and unplug the computer if the power brick is attached. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and attach the power brick. Try booting. 

It's possible the file system has been corrupted by a failing drive. You can boot a linux based disk to do hard drive diagnostics if the computer can boot from a USB flash drive. The computer has no optical drive, correct? 

How much RAM does this computer have? Do you have a model number for the Aspire One?

You can use Rufus with an iso of UBCD to check your hard drive. Seatools for DOS is available in the HDD section or you can start Parted Magic from the UBCD menu and at the desktop select Disk Health. Do the short and long tests.

Rufus Instructions:

Run Rufus with the USB flash drive attached. Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS and UEFI. Leave all boxes as checked. Where FreeDos is shown in the dropdown box select iso image, click the icon, and browse to the UBCD iso file. Press Start. Any data on the flash drive will need to be backed up as the drive will be formatted.

You can use Parted Magic on the UBCD disk to recover any data to a USB flash drive or USB external drive.

http://fixit.litten.com/linuxfilecopy.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users