Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MENSA Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hello All i was thinking about inquiring to join MENSA, i was wondering if there were any members here? and if so what can you tell me about it that the site does not. 

Edited by Viper_Security, 11 November 2016 - 04:24 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

Looking a bit lonely here, friend Viper. Thought I'd swing by and offer my (non-)help, lol.

Tests accepted by Australian Mensa
  • Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Fourth Edition (WAIS)
  • Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth Edition – Australian Standardisation (WISC-V)
  • Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fourth Edition – Australian Standardisation (WISC-IV)
  • Wechsler Preschool & Primary Scale of Intelligence – Fourth Edition – Australian Standardisation (WPPSI)
  • Stanford-Binet – Fifth Edition (SB-5)
  • Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test
  • Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children – Second Edition
  • Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities – 4th Edition
  • Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities – 3rd Edition
  • Differential Abilities Scales (1990)
  • Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test–Second Edition

Don't know if you will see anything of the above in your travels.

Back in 1974, my last year of high school, we had to sit for the ASAT - Australian Scholastic Aptitude Test - possibly not unlike the SAT the US used to have (perhaps still does).

Outcomes determined our chances of getting into University, and into which Departments/Faculties.

Scores ranged from 690 low and in increments of 5 to 990 high. 990 and 995 were combined. It was called a TE score (Tertiary Entrance), and the test results were weighted with our school results.

I scored a 990 TE which put me in the top 3.5%, possibly 1.75%. Haven't achieved a lot since, lol.

Elaine calls me Sheldon, and tries to melt my brain some days.

Cheers and avagudweegend

:wizardball: Wizard

#3 Viper_Security

Viper_Security
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

That is informative, thank you! and yes, Australia is one of the stops on my itinerary. 

I emailed the Huston, TX office and they have sent me the practice Mensa which I scored 96 on.

I want to take and join Mensa mainly because people in my age group are.. well frankly, not very bright. That and to hopefully better the world. I'd tell you how old i am but then the criticism would start to flood in.

Thank you for that information! im sure some of it can be translated to US equivalency/  

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#4 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

Always welcome, friend - hope you find fulfillment in whatever you tackle.

:wizardball:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users