Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event 7043 Group Policy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 triploop21

triploop21

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

I noticed when I turned my computer on this morning that this event occurred last night while I was shutting down my computer. Event 7043 The group policy client service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

This is the first time I've come across this error. I have shut the computer off and restarted and have not been able to duplicate this event. Any idea what could have caused this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:47 AM

Sorry for the delay, just returned from traveling and am still very busy.

Most likely something was going on with group policy (in the background) when you went to shut it down.
BUT, this is just a guess as we don't know what's actually going on in the system.

Do not get too worked up about errors in Event Viewer unless the system is having problems.

As you haven't been able to duplicate it, I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Windows is a very robust, general purpose operating system.

As such, it has a lot of built in systems to correct errors (and to even fix them)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 triploop21

triploop21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

I thank you for the prompt response. I had a feeling it wasn't anything to be concerned about, I've checked a total of 5 other computers not on my home network that have generated that same message. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users