Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Randomly Freezing. No BSOD.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

So I've got a computer that has me stumped. About 3-4 weeks ago this computer started to freeze once a week and the only way to restore it was to use the restart button on the tower. When it freezes the screen is unresponsive and I also noticed the HDD light on the tower doesn't blink at all. After booting back up I check the Event Viewer and it doesn't show any kind of Critical Error or any indication of what caused it to freeze. The event viewer does pick up the unexpected shutdown and also other processes running before the unexpected shutdown.

I've tested the hard drive using the Samsung Magician and the error checker and neither of them find anything wrong with it. I've also ran the SFC /SCANNOW a few times and it didn't find any problems. I've also updated all of the drivers and the issue continues. I have a feeling it may be the video drivers since the event viewer is still picking up processes before the shutdown so it isn't completely crashing but I haven't had a chance to reinstall the drivers due to not having continuous access to this desktop. Can anyone confirm my suspicion or give me some advice on what to also check for before having to resort to reinstalling Windows 10.

Below are the specs of the computer.

ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

2x GIGABYTE GeForce GT 420 2GB 80mm FAN

CORSAIR CX-M series CX500M 500W 80 PLUS BRONZE Active PFC ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75820K Desktop Processor

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E250B/AM

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Desktop Memory Model ...

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - OEM

Edit: Forgot to mention that this has now started to occur once a day for the past 3 days.

Edited by Humannpower, 11 November 2016 - 10:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Humannpower

Humannpower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users