Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shinobi is back!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

I wanted to make a quick post here to explain my absence and my recent return to this forum. I bumped heads with a moderator here (don't want to name names) that made me want to take a break. I felt like my type of assistance wasn't optimal to the highly structured, but not so well documented, forum rules.

I'm not here to make trouble. I am going to isolate myself to the Networking section and threads, keep my head down and only post if a moderator hasn't. I will not be asking any user to use any software and I will no longer be assisting anyone outside the forum. I have decided to use this forum to read and learn, and not so much help. I don't mean to be confrontational, I only want to clearly state my intentions for the sake of transparency. Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,054 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

Should this topic not be titled "Trikein is back"?

#3 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

Should this topic not be titled "Trikein is back"?

Yes. It is "not" titled "Trikein is back" so I agree. Double negatives are double like Inside jokes are inside. :-)

https://youtu.be/8wf8jx6jWJM?t=21

Edited by Trikein, 11 November 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,054 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

There's no double negative in my question. Only a single negative, which you have highlighted.

EDIT: I've now watched the video. Have never heard of the game or the character.

Edited by Al1000, 11 November 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#5 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:10 PM

There's no double negative in my question. Only a single negative, which you have highlighted.

EDIT: I've now watched the video. Have never heard of the game or the character.

Well since you are nitpicking my post, I thought I would nitpick yours. You said "Should this topic not be titled "Trikein is back?" while "Should this topic be titled "Trikein is back?" is a more direct and less passive aggressive way of forming the question. It's like asking permission to ask a question when the act of asking for permission IS asking a question. That is assuming you were asking a question and not implying a answer in an attempt to persuade me into a controversial topic so you can delete my post as per thread guidelines. That wouldn't be nice.  :tophat:

I think the reason it hit a nerve is one of the reasons I took a break was the difficulty that some moderators have understanding the scope of a post in whole and instead laser focus on the cadence and semantics of that post.  IMO this hinders their primary goal of helping the user, while moderating what they say should be secondary. It would be like if you corrected my spelling; sure you are correct, but at what cost? 

Edited by Trikein, 11 November 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#6 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,054 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:35 PM

Having never heard of the game or character, I assumed you had made a mistake.

My intention was not to "nitpick," and I apologise if my post came across that way.

FYI, I have no idea what incident led to you taking a break, nor do I know what moderator(s) you are talking about. (I am not asking you either, just informing you so you know I have no idea what you're referring to)

Edited by Al1000, 11 November 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#7 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Having never heard of the game or character, I assumed you had made a mistake.

Oh, my mistake then. I got the feeling that my post some how offended and your response was to demean it's worth. I am addicted to pop culture references and that was the first thing that popped into my head before posting. Unfortunately text does not express tone or intent, so I apologize for that miscommunication. I was just expecting a "Oh welcome back" so your response took me off guard. All is well.  :thumbsup2:

Edited by Trikein, 11 November 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#8 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

I'm back too. I was gone for a few years.. but I hope to enjoy the people here. It's exciting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users