Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On Mac Pro, can I make a disc to BOOT a Win 7 PC?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stereoeggs

Stereoeggs

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

I have a Macbook Pro (OS X Yosemite). Using this computer, I would like to download files from an antivirus website and burn a bootable disc to boot a Windows 7 (64-bit PRO with Service Pack 1) computer.

When I try to do this, the disc I burn ends up in "Mac OS Extended Format," and the Windows 7 computer will not boot from it.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

I'm guessing that either you can't get online to download a antivirus, or you don't have a antivirus installed on this computer and do not wish to chance going online without one?

If the reason you don't want to download a antivirus is because you don't have one installed and don't want to take the chance of getting infected use another computer with Windows installed on it to do the download.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Stereoeggs

Stereoeggs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for your response. ...Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

My problem was a "crashing" PC. While I had updated antivirus protection installed, malware was suggested as a possible cause, and it was also suggested that it might be best to run a scan using an antivirus program burned to a bootable disc. However, the crashing PC and a MacBook were the only computers available to me. Hence, the question I posted here. 

I received several suggestions that my crashing PC might be due to a failing PSU.

After a lot of time and thought, I decided to take the plunge and buy a new power supply so that I could verify whether or not my original one was faulty. After I put in the new power supply, my computer stopped crashing and everything has been running smoothly. So...it was a faulty power supply that was causing the problems. (Therefore, I no longer need to use a MacBook to burn a disk that would boot a PC.)

Thanks, again, for your response. 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users