Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Cloudflare

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jistanidiot

jistanidiot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

I seem to have caught something called Cloudflare.  On almost every website it demands I fill out an annoying captcha and then it loads the site but it splashes a layer of ads on top of the actual site.  Once I click the little x it closes and I can view the site without any problem.

I've tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AVG.  Neither have detected anything.  I tried using TimeMachine to restore back to before the Chrome ad-on that I installed that started this all.  However even though the ad-on appears to be gone, I'm still getting the captcha and ads.  

What should I do now?  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

CloudFlare offers D/DoS Protection. See more info here https://www.cloudflare.com/ (mod feel free to remove if not allowed) 

That normally shows up because the site thinks you have a "Threat score"  have you updated your browser lately? 

It also could be a security provider (VPN) are you using a VPN when visiting those sites, because if you are and CloudFlare's Servers detect it it will ask you to fill out the captcha to make sure you are a human.

If you're using a VPN when trying to access these sites, turn it off, and refresh the page and see if it asks again.  

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 jistanidiot

jistanidiot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

What's VPN?  I don't have anything like that.  The CloudFlare thing seems to have abated.  At least now it seems only to happen every once in awhile.  However the ads are still out of control.  The ads all go to  ads5-adsnow.com.  I tried downloading something called Softonic Remove Ads, but that turned out to be more malware.  Fortunately Malwarebytes caught it and removed it.  So I only have this weird layer of adsnow.com ads showing on almost every website. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users