Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MP3 Player (RCA TH2014) playing songs in wrong order

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arlothia

Arlothia

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Hello! I just got a new MP3 player (make and model in the topic title), I've put playlists from my computer onto it, played it...and it's now in the wrong order. Or, at least some of them are. Others are playing in the correct order.

For example, I have a soundtrack with 17 files and they're labeled "# - title" with the track number filled in for each file. In theory they should play in numeric order based either on title or on track number. And this is the order they appear when I pug it into my computer and view the folder.

But here's the order I'm getting when I play it on my MP3:

However, there's a little number on the top left corner and that goes in order from 001-017. 

Most of the solutions I've seen online have been about simply putting a number at the beginning of a track title (been there, done that, didn't work) or to download something to have that order the files for you or to go into the metadata (all of which I've been able to access via right clicking on the file and looking at the properties).

Please, can someone tell me how I can fix this so my MP3 Player actually plays things in the order I want them! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Arlothia

Arlothia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

Fixed it! Turns out I just had to add each track individually in the order I wanted them to appear. Thank goodness it was that easy!

I hope this can be helpful to someone in the future!

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

With a new device you normally need to figure out how it handles files.  The two methods I've seen most often are the alphabetical by file name and the order written to the media.  I believe most people would prefer the alphabetical, but obviously someone thought that write time was a good option (or they were too lazy to implement an alphabetical system)

#4 Arlothia

Arlothia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

That's good to know. I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future so I don't have to re-do hundreds of songs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users