Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Anniversary Update November 2016 Post Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tayrad

Tayrad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

HI all! Long time troll, first time poster.

I'm havin some problems with my main rig and I was just wondering if someone could have a look over my speccy and point out anything glaringly obvious.

This system was working fine until this morning when I got the restart notification for updates.

Roughly 30 mins later it was all said and done, but I'm noticing micro stutters. I tried disabling prefetch to no effect.

Mouse moves, but clicks dont register the first time, takes a couple before it goes ahead. Typing will stall even tho subsequent keys have been pressed & eventually do finish going in with no misses.

Theres even lag in apps, clicking file in firefox for example, just froze for a few seconds before carrying on.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------

I may have figured this one out on my own, Grabbed Malware bytes and it found a possible PUP - wiped that.

Also went back through my services and alot were changed to automatic (stupid update) so I set those ones back to manual.

Restarted and everythings purring again!

I couldnt swear which service exactly was bugging.

Hope this helps or at least gives a starter point if anyone else has similar issues.

Edited by Tayrad, 09 November 2016 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users