Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help determining a firewall log change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trialwall

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:55 AM

I noticed a change in my firewall log that I have not seen before. I wouldn't think much of it, but I have been experiencing connectivity issues, and that is what caused me to look. I have pictures of when it was behaving as it normally does, and ones of when this abnormality started. I will post four pictures of the normal activity and four pictures of the abnormal activity. The four pictures are to show going across the slider from left to right of the firewall log so that no detail is left out.

The abnormality is still going on from the time indicated in the log to right as I am posting this. Any help would be appreciated, and if I posted anything from the log I should not have then please help me undo what ever damages may have been done by posting this.

Thanks for your time and take care.

First the normal 1-4

Now for the abnormal 1-4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

I'd run a check for malware if i suspected something out of the ordinary. (you may want to first post in the malware section just to be safe)

Failing anything nasty turning up I'd just do a system restore to the before the day before it went funny.

For when its back to normal.

Once you do have it fixed you might find Macrium Reflect useful for the future it will copy your whole system and if infected or something gets corrupt it takes 10 to 15 mins to restore the whole computer back to the point at which you made a good back up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users