Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Graphic card recuring malfunction :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rami_hac

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

Hey all,
The weirdest thing happened to my PC today...
I have a Sapphire 7850 2GB connected to a monitor (DVI) and a TV set (HDMI).
last night I got black screen on both, so i figured the graphic card's died on me (after 4 years!), and connected both monitor and TV to the onboard (Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H) graphic card.
This morning I woke up to the same problem! no signal coming out.
Now I'm worried about getting a new GPU, until I find out what's the cause of this malfunction...
THANK YOU in advance for any light you can shed on this..

additional info:
* CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge Core i5 3470 
* no BIOS beeps on startup

Edited by Rami_hac, 09 November 2016 - 05:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Sounds like a driver issue at first glance... Windows 10 can wreak havok when it comes to drivers. Can you look in Device Manager to verify that a new graphics driver hasn't been installed in the past few days?

#3 Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:10 AM

There should be a single beep, indicating a successful POST.

If you are getting no video before even getting to Windows, then it's not a driver issue. No beeps would indicate some kind of power or motherboard failure. Try to reset CMOS by taking out the battery and putting it back after a minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users