Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware and software audit tool

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hera1

Hera1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:31 AM

Hi! I`m new to system administration and i want to have a hint how can i audit all software and hardware on nodes in PC. I used to work with AIDA64 on a flash drive but a network is far more complicated - i don`t want to scan manually 100 nodes or so. Also, deployment tool would be sweet though not neccessary. Must be agent-less and xml or scv export - any type of file i can make a report with. web interface, console - no matter. I need best performance (it need to check nearly 99.9%)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

It depends on your environment.  For Windows environments they normally use Microsoft's SCCM which handles both reporting and delivery.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

If your just looking for reporting software. You could look at Spiceworks.com they have several free opensource apps that can scan your network and generate reports. I have used their software several times. (I'm also a community member).

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Hera1

Hera1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:08 AM

Yeah, i forgot about thread, sorry. I tried spiceworks, it works pretty slow (on my network, basically. idk what it`s about, i`ve read many good reviews about it). Also tried OCSInventory with GLPI. OK, but need to install glpi in every pc. Questionable. Right now i`m using Total Network Inventory software license management trial version and i`m pretty happy with interface, GUI and all tools. The worst thing about TNI is that it`s proprietary and not freeware. Is SCCM free? I can`t find it in google

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users