Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ParallaxTheCat

ParallaxTheCat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:38 PM

So i'm tryign to record my gameplay but the videos come out choppy especially when a lot of stuff happens it'lljust be blurry. I looked aroudna nd somepeople were saying you need a good harddrive to recorD? I use DxTory for recording and the speed of my hard drive is 111 mb/s idk if that's slow or what but can someone help me figure this out? 

here is my latest video i uploaded. 

As you can see it'sjust really blurry and choppy :L idk how to fix this, All of my recording settings are correct.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xoctane

Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:25 AM

I don't see the choppiness, but the blurriness is the result of compression. It looks better when the scene doesn't change much, and looks ugly when you move fast and the scene changes rapidly.

I'm not familiar with Dxtory, but generally, increasing the bitrate will help reduce those compression artifacts. It will increase the recording's file size, though.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

Hard drive size is a basic consideration...to the extent that the designated storage partition/drive must be large enough to contain the captured video files.  Any hard drive today is certanly fast enough for recording video, IME.

You may want to run chkdsk /r and then defrag any partitions/drives used to place captured video.  If the storage drive is a SSD....then do not defrag.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 09 November 2016 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users