Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Busplat Crash Report on startup even though I never installed Bugsplat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WarpZone

WarpZone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

I get this BugSplat error message on startup.  I have never installed BugSplat on this computer.  I googled it and it seems BugSplat is a debug tool used by the creators of League of Legends.  But I've never installed or downloaded League of Legends on this computer, either.  I also notice that, according to the error, whatever it's failing to do, it's apparently failing to do it using files from the Temp directory. 

Should I be worried?

Image of the error message here.

Thanks.

Edited by WarpZone, 08 November 2016 - 05:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Bugsplat was used by Riot Games back in 2010-2013-14, they have removed it for that very reason, Bugsplat is also associated with SketchUp (3D Modeling Software) 

double check that neither of those are installed (Bugsplat if i remember right was it's own program in "Control Panel" )

i don't think it's anything to worry about. just remove it :)

Edited by Viper_Security, 08 November 2016 - 05:40 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 WarpZone

WarpZone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

I see no trace of BugSplat, Sketchup, or League, neither in Control Panel nor in Programs and Features.

Note that I haven't uninstalled anything yet.  According to the OS, there is nothing to uninstall.  Yet I got the popup on Windows boot.

Edited by WarpZone, 08 November 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#4 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:55 PM

I can't see the whole list but you have .NET Framework 3.5 correct? and have you updated your directX and your video driver?

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

Also , dump your Temp folder...
You can use TFC.
Uncheck the box in your 1st Image... I Wish To Continue Sending Files

We need to download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) by OldTimer:
  • Please download TFC.exe by Oldtimer at one of the two links: Link 1 Link 2
  • Save and close all running applications
  • Double-click on TFC.exe to run the program
  • Click on Start to begin the cleaning process
    note: this program may close running applications, make your screen disappear temporarily, or require a reboot of your PC - this is normal and part of the cleanup
  • When the scan is complete, if you were not asked to reboot the computer, please do so now
More Information can be found about the tool here: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users