Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp laptop will start but not load.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 krissysmom

krissysmom

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

My hp laptop was working fine one day and the next it would turn on but not load.

There are two lights blinking continuously. One is located near the num lock and the other is

by the caps lock. I push the on/off button to turn it on and off.  

I looked up information on google and read those blinking lights mean there is something wrong with the power adapter.

I doubt that, as the laptop has always been on a desk and the power cord was securely placed. It has not been carried around. 

I don't want to take it to Best Buy as their method for fixing a computer is to have the customer buy reload disks from hp and then charge 200 to reload the computer.  I don't want it to be returned to "factory new" as it has pictures and docs I want to keep.

Can anyone give me an idea of what happened?

thank you

Krissysmom

Phoenix, Az

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:37 PM

What is not moving laptop power adapter has to do with its malfunctioning why do you think power adapter only malfunction or fail to work only because of power adapter cord.  

Posted Image

#3 krissysmom

krissysmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

HI free booter

I did research on computer help websites and one person had posted that computers who flash the trouble lights , one at the caps lock button and one at num lock.. (and it won't load) wrote that those events were because of a faulty a/c adapter.

That the ONLY thing I could find on my particular situation. 

If a person carries their laptop and adapter around, moving it from place to place, the a/c adapter is more likely to be dropped, have heavy items put on top of it, have the cord twisted in knots, etc. If an adapter is laid on a desk and stays there for five years.. its not likely to get banged up. I think it stands to reason an adapter that gets banged up would stop working or be deficient in some way.

Does anybody have an opinion on whats wrong with my laptop?  I don't believe the adapter story..

thank you

krissy's mom

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Hi krissysmom

You are wrong to think laptop power adapters has unlimited life span.  If the adapter and its cords are working improperly, the computer won’t receive power and its battery won’t recharge. All things electronic have a finite life; they will eventually fail. They may receive dirty power that stresses components. They heat up and cool down each time you use them. Internal parts may corrode. With luck, your adapter won’t reach its moment of mortality before the laptop itself retires. The good news is that you can purchase a replacement adapter from most manufacturers or from third-party sources.

Posted Image

#5 krissysmom

krissysmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Thank you very much for your comments. I have a friend who has an hp laptop the same age as mine. I asked her if she will bring her power cord and we will plug it in to my hp laptop. Maybe it will solve the problem and I can use my computer again.  You live in Turkey and I live in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. How wonderful computers are and how greatly they have changed our lives.

Krissysmom

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

You are very welcome. Technology bring all us to gather it help us care for each other issues in my view.

Edited by FreeBooter, 10 November 2016 - 02:09 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users