Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel error massage not enough memory ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hi got hp laptop os windows 10 I use chrome.There is 3 of us using this laptop all with our own passwords and login details.have got Microsoft office 2007 I get an error message Excel,  not enough memory to open or save documents but it only happens to me,if   I use the other 2 desktop its fine only on mine desktop I get this message.I have administrators  rights on this laptop? thanks  

Edited by hamluis, 08 November 2016 - 01:01 PM.
Moved from Programming to Bus Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:26 AM

Is it just on that single document or does it happen on all documents on the laptop?

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:21 AM

I get the "not enough memory" after some time on the computer because I have had several different programs open, closed, open, closed, a couple remaining open; numerous tabs open during FF and/or Chrome; several security and/or monitoring programs running in the background; and so on -- forcing a Restart after closing anything opened in the foreground.  I bring this up because some programs do not do a good job of releasing all of their DLLs and all of their other hooks from memory, this non-full-release of memory used might be what's happening to you.

[For those of us remembering our earlier Windows 3.1-WFW 3.11 days, the heaps used to get full.]

Edited by RolandJS, 09 November 2016 - 06:23 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

Hi, thanks for your help.No, it happens to all the documents I get it never done it before?but if i sign out and sign in on my son's account I can use them no problem I don't get any error message?, it's a new laptop well one year old there is plenty memory left is there some setting I'm missing. I don't use M.Office a lot  my son does and he has had no problem with it.We use the same laptop 

#5 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

Where are you trying to save it. Just because you have administrator rights doesn't mean excel can save anywhere. Try right click Microsoft Excel, open as Administrator, and then open your document and save it.

#6 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:33 AM

Hi it's still it wont let me open the Email so i cant print it off.I have printed it off by going on my sons desktop it works fine there.just not on mine?.

I still get error massage not enough memory

Edited by aliboy66, 14 November 2016 - 05:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users