Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 xspeed

xspeed

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hi, can someone say if there is any way to delete:

1       Microsoft.BioEnrollment
 2       Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin
 3       Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost
 4       windows.immersivecontrolpanel
 5       Microsoft.LockApp
 6       Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge
 7       Microsoft.PPIProjection
 8       Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp
 9       Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager
 10      Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls
 11      Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience
 12      Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI
 13      Windows.ContactSupport
 14      Windows.MiracastView
 15      Windows.PrintDialog
 16      Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
 17      Microsoft.AccountsControl

I've tried also manually and also the following 3 scripts, but still no result.

remove-default-apps

RemoveWindowsStoreApp.ps1

reclaimWindows10.ps1

Even one of the scripts says:

# apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage
    #"Microsoft.BioEnrollment"
    #"Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge"
    #"Microsoft.Windows.Cortana"
    #"Microsoft.WindowsFeedback"
    #"Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI"
    #"Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider"
    #"Windows.ContactSupport"

Also tried to untag them, still no result.

Sincerely.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

These apps take up very little space.  I wouldn't even bother with them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

I appreciate Arachibutyrophobia,

I think is not so much about space, maybe is more about privacy, security(more apps, more opportunities to exploit), a little bit of hardware resources, and probably a minimalist thinking regarding applications and OS configuration in general. Trying to keep on the system what I need.

Regards.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

Do you know anything about the Windows 10 Telemetry?

This is what Microsoft is using to monitor your computer.  This can be disabled, but it involves a registry edit.  If you make an error while making a edit in the registry you can turn your computer into an expensive door stop.

If you are comfortable editing the registry you can find instructions for disabling the telemetry here

I would suggest backing up the registry before doing anything in there.

To backup the registry please download and install Tweaking.com Registry Backup.

Play the video below for operating instructions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

I am very thankful Arachibutyrophobia.

My apologizes, I don't know so much about  Windows 10 Telemetry, I am still a beginner,

I will check all the details as careful as possible from your link  here

Hopefully, Spybot Anti-Beacon, W10Privacy, O&O ShutUp10 have already done some of those adjustments.

One more time, I am grateful for your recommendations and valuable info, tell me please, what do you think about the malicious exploiting of those apps?

With gratitude. 

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:16 PM

The following is a direct quote from Reddit.com.  This is about O&O ShutUp10.

Some privacy related settings may interfer with the insider buil updates. I just spent 20 mins search for the cause of the greyed out insider build button and settings. Turns out using that privacy tool to change some settings in windows 10 deactivates windows 10 insider build updates. I cant say exactly which settings, I just factory reseted all the changed settings in O&O shut up.

Some privacy related settings may interfer with the insider buil updates. I just spent 20 mins search for the cause of the greyed out insider build button and settings. Turns out using that privacy tool to change some settings in windows 10 deactivates windows 10 insider build updates. I cant say exactly which settings, I just factory reseted all the changed settings in O&O shut up.

If you are really concerned about the telemetry I would suggest doing the registry edit.  If you do this you won't need those programs.

Edited by dc3, 10 November 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#7 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:43 AM

Thank you Arachibutyrophobia,

Maybe more than privacy is my intention to have an as smooth, light, net system and software configuration. I would like to keep as much as possible only the OS and Third-Party programs dependencies, and the extra ones for my needs.

Excuse me if I am wrong, can you tell me please that any additional installed apps(like the discussed ones) could be a potential risk, expanding possibilities for being exploited by bad intended people?

Best wishes.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

As I posted previously, if you do the registry edit you will not these three third party applications to lock Microsoft out of your computer.  Those third party application do not pose any potential security risks.

I you want to keep this computer clean and running well I would suggest learning what programs have the potential for conflicts with other applications you install.  Windows 10, especially after the anniversary update, is a good operating system as it is.  For this reason I would suggest only adding programs that you use for the specific application, such as using a program like Foxit Reader to read PDF files, VLC to play most any video or music media, etc.

A good example of what not to do is what you did with adding application (3) to do one thing, that's overkill.  

#9 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:58 PM

The very best way to accomplish your task is offline with your Windows 10 disk image.  This is an ISO file.  You can with this Toolkit have a lean, mean installation with only what you want in it, and nothing else.  The instructions are in PDF, and are a MUST read.  Just extract the RAR file, and follow the directions in the PDF.

https://mega.nz/#!sEZzgTwA!MJG01h55d0j2yFbh3T8j1rJoFPKGad840agblAGYMes

#10 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

Thank you dhjohns Can you give please give more details about this ISO? What's the name of the ISO, Who created it, does the creator have an website, are there any discussions, reviews about it online? I think in this moment the ISO can't be downloaded from the link you provided. Regards.

#11 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

Thank you dhjohns Can you give please give more details about this ISO? What's the name of the ISO, Who created it, does the creator have an website, are there any discussions, reviews about it online? I think in this moment the ISO can't be downloaded from the link you provided. Regards.

It is not an ISO.  I just checked the link, and it is fine.  The creator of the toolkit is MSMG, and you can find details about it here.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:38 AM

As I understand MSMG, this tool is used to remove certain Windows application and then use the modified installation to produce a ISO to make the installation of Windows without the applications that were removed.  Seem like a great deal of trouble just to remove one application which can be accomplished with a comparatively simpler registry edit.

#13 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

As I understand MSMG, this tool is used to remove certain Windows application and then use the modified installation to produce a ISO to make the installation of Windows without the applications that were removed.  Seem like a great deal of trouble just to remove one application which can be accomplished with a comparatively simpler registry edit.

LOL, obviously you have not used it! Judgement before investigation. :(

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

The software is used to modify the Windows ISO and remove various components as well as integrate updates, drivers, language packs and more.  That is the only information that seems to be available by Googling msmg toolkit.  I could not find any instructions much less a tutorial for this program.  I would suggest that if you are going to suggest this program that you provide a link to instructions for its use.

The bottom line here is that using this toolkit is going to require an education in the use of this program, and those instructions don't appear to be readily available.  It is quite clear that this tool could be very useful for this purpose, but without instructions it ain't gonna fly.  It would be quicker and much simpler to do the registry edit.

#15 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:18 AM

The software is used to modify the Windows ISO and remove various components as well as integrate updates, drivers, language packs and more.  That is the only information that seems to be available by Googling msmg toolkit.  I could not find any instructions much less a tutorial for this program.  I would suggest that if you are going to suggest this program that you provide a link to instructions for its use.

The bottom line here is that using this toolkit is going to require an education in the use of this program, and those instructions don't appear to be readily available.  It is quite clear that this tool could be very useful for this purpose, but without instructions it ain't gonna fly.  It would be quicker and much simpler to do the registry edit.

The instructions are included with the download.  They are very detailed and are in a pdf file with pictures, and everything.  It is quite easy to use.

Edited by dhjohns, 18 November 2016 - 09:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users