Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does anyone have Sunbelt Firewall Beta 4.7.5 ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bright_Colors

Bright_Colors

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:24 AM

Edit: never mind, someone messaged me a download link for the firewall.

Edited by Bright_Colors, 08 November 2016 - 03:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:22 AM

Hello and welcome:

Edit: never mind, someone messaged me a download link for the firewall.

Dumb question, but: why would you want a link to an ancient, unsupported security program?

IIRC Sunbelt Firewall beta 4.7.5 dates back to at least 2011 or 2012 and was never released.

And the company was sold long ago.

I certainly hope you're not looking for the program to protect a working computer.

<just curious>

MM

#3 ichito

ichito

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

I have...but you also already :)

I someone want...

http://www.megafileupload.com/ktJO/Sunbelt_PF.4.7.5.0.exe

Vista: SpyShelter Firewall + Shadow Defender + Keriver 1-Click Free

XP SP3: Kerio 2.1.5 + SpyShelter Premium + NVT ExeRadar Pro + Shadow Defender + Keriver 1-Click Free

#4 ichito

ichito

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:27 AM

Hello and welcome:

Dumb question, but: why would you want a link to an ancient, unsupported security program?

IIRC Sunbelt Firewall beta 4.7.5 dates back to at least 2011 or 2012 and was never released.

I certainly hope you're not looking for the program to protect a working computer.

<just curious>

MM

It's quite simply...it's firewall not AV or other kind of security apps that needs updated signatures. Firewall's rules are based on allow/deny rules for processess, ports, packets, adresses and of course for directions (in-out) and when specific firewall was good in his own job so it still will good...of course it depends on how good patched is the system.

Edited by ichito, 10 November 2016 - 05:31 AM.

Vista: SpyShelter Firewall + Shadow Defender + Keriver 1-Click Free

XP SP3: Kerio 2.1.5 + SpyShelter Premium + NVT ExeRadar Pro + Shadow Defender + Keriver 1-Click Free

#5 Bright_Colors

Bright_Colors
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hello and welcome:

<just curious>

MM

I have being using sunbelt firewall 4.6.1861 for years on XP SP3 and XP SP2 before that, and i never got hacked or my info stolen on XP, i am too careful to let that happen.

I always first test software on virtual machines, and monitor them with a registry monitor and file change alarm, before i install them on my main XP PC.

if i need to use software that requires windows 7, i just use a virtual machine with windows 7.

It's quite simply...it's firewall not AV or other kind of security apps that needs updated signatures. Firewall's rules are based on allow/deny rules for processess, ports, packets, adresses and of course for directions (in-out) and when specific firewall was good in his own job so it still will good...of course it depends on how good patched is the system.

Exactly, and I don't like any of the windows 7 firewalls, because they lack the details and features that the sunbelt firewall provides, it's a shame sunbelt never got windows 7 support.

Feel free to suggest some windows 7 firewalls similar to sunbelt, I'd love to get a windows 7 firewall that is equal or better than sunbelt firewall.

Sunbelt firewall is the main reason i still use XP as my main operating system to this day.

Edited by Bright_Colors, 11 November 2016 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users