Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed windows wont boot up at all

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ioannist

Ioannist

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:06 AM

Hello everyone. New to the site and not very computer savvy. I mean I know my way around and with instructions can figure out things but not an expert. Now I have an Asus g73jh laptop running Windows 7 as it's os. The other night was watching cartoons on YouTube with my daughter when it froze up. I force shut it down. Restarted it and now it won't boot up Windows. Not in safe mode or anything it comes up with that screen that says something to the effect of a hardware change may have not been installed properly or something close to that. Then gives me the option to try and repair the problem or restart Windows normally. Either options don't work. Now after doing a little digging on here I figured out how to show you guys what the blue screen that quickly flashed is showing for information. Can anyone please help me get my computer running again. I have a lot of pictures of my kids on there and my recordings for my music that I really don't want to loose and I really don't have the funds to send it out to get repaired.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ioannist

Ioannist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:10 AM

Here is the blue screen msg

Attached Files

#3 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Have you tried rebooting the computer and repeatedly pressing F8 then selecting last known good configuration. Or selecting safe mode with command prompt. waiting for the command prompt to load and typing rstrui.exe them press enter. This may allow the system restore option to load. I may have found a link that  can link to the issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-blue-screen-error-code-at-boot-up/3e2cbe73-f9f3-48c2-8ade-409b7cfdb3bf

#4 Ioannist

Ioannist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

I tried f8 but not with command prompt. If I run the restore to last known working config it get to the repair screen and just stays there for hours
Will rstrui.exe make me loose all my photos and files ?

#5 Ioannist

Ioannist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

I can't enter safe mode in any form. However I did come across this screen when pushing f9 I believe. Any information on this ? And how would I go about putting all my pictures and music files on a usb jump drive ? Then re installing Windows 7

Attached Files

#6 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

rstrui is a system restore prompt to restore the computer to when it was working fine. it should not cause you to loose data. If this does not work that it appears to be an issue with the windows 7

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

You will probably need to perform a repair install to fix this issue.

#8 Ioannist

Ioannist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

I looked up this option. I can't do it. I have no access to anything. I can't boot safe mode I can't do anything so I have no access to any Windows files and inhale no ads either to re install Windows

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

You need a Windows install disk, not a running system. You can get this by approaching your system manufacturer and requesting it. There may be a nominal fee.

Please read the tutorial.

#10 Ioannist

Ioannist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Can I just get a copy of my Windows 7 from a friend whom has the same edition ?

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

That may work, it has for me.

I've also had cases where the OS verification has failed and I've had to jump through hoops of fire to get Windows authenticated again.

It's definitely worth a try if that available to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users