Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anune

anune

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

hello all, ive just registered with this site and i hope it will be more helpful than others...

i often get a norton notification "Navw32.exe is trying to access the internet" i have no idea what this is and it appears repeatedly after setting it to block always. any explanation would be appreciated.

also, spysweeper daily informs me that cftmon.exe is trying to enter my startup list. i am unsure of whether this is associated with the known trojan(multiple scans show no infections) so some info would be great.

lastly, a database program i use at work gives me the error:
Error in Shell32.DLL
Missing Entry: ShellExec_RunDLL
i desperately need this fixed!

once again, any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

It appears you have a Trojan virus. here is a link with infomation about it.
Here is information about cftmon.exe. It too appears to be a trojan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/c...n.exe-8486.html
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

Navw32.exe is not necessarily a problem:

The navw32.exe process is required for Norton antivirus to function correctly. If this process is stopped Norton anti virus may not be able to detect any viruses entering your system. Consequently your computer will not be protected, so it is best to leave this process running.

navw32.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk.
The Spy Bot database currently registers navw32.exe to Symantec.

navw32.exe

Neither is cftmon.exe

The cftmon.exe process is a component used in MsOffice to perform language related functions. It is closely tied to the 'Language Bar' present in MsOffice, so if you use the Language Bar you should leave this process running. If, on the other hand, you do not use the language bar, you should terminate this process to free up system resources.

cftmon.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk

The Spy Bot database currently registers cftmon.exe to Microsoft.

cftmon.exe

cftmon.exe is a part of the Microsoft Office suite and handles speech input for this product. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

cftmon.exe at ProcessLibrary.com

What is the full path to these 2 files?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 anune

anune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:01 AM

thanks guys now i can stop worrying about it. :thumbsup:

i still have problems with shell32 however...so any info would be great.

thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users