Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Top Programme to stop win 10 spying.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Oneman1

Oneman1

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

After some great support and info from members on here regarding my Home vista setup. 

It finally bit the dust after the power one button stopped working and I discovered that after trying to fix it the red button on the back just makes it go bang with a blue flash!!! :hysterical:

We live and learn. :nono:

Anyhow I now have a new (secondhand (no disk) Win 10)

I need to stop all spying from windows 10  and I know that there are some good and bad programmes out there ( youtube ) but they are dated.

I was going to use SPYBOT ANTI-BEACON but then found some updated info and was persuaded into DESTROY WIN 10 SPYING.

As you all have so much knowledge more than me. What would be the best programme to simply solve this problem. (system back up will obviously be needed)

I look forward to your advise. ( I know this must have been asked before but I  just could not find the link, sorry?) 

Kind regards.

Oneman

Edited by Oneman1, 07 November 2016 - 04:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:27 PM

Until others pipe in....have a look at this YouTube video by a former senior [15 years] Microsoft software developer.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 Oneman1

Oneman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

Thanks. SAW101.

I'm new to this comp stuff and windows 10.

That is exactly the same vid I just watched (thank you)  and have now downloaded it.

There are some differences as I would have liked the "renew every day on startup option" but  I can't find that. It just seems to do its own thing.

That is a good start. I'll just have to see what happens tomorrow :thumbsup:

and let you know.

Edited by Oneman1, 07 November 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#4 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:19 PM

Do you actually believe MS spies on you when you are using Windows 10?  Just food for thought:  If MS did spy don't you think there would be a ton of lawsuits, and congressional investigations?  Don't install programs with bogus claims of stopping the spying for they will do more harm than good by preventing needed communication.

#5 Oneman1

Oneman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:41 AM

That's the thing. It's optional so no lawsuits when they force them upon you and Microsoft has them set to on. Take a look at your privacy settings. :)

#6 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

That's the thing. It's optional so no lawsuits when they force them upon you and Microsoft has them set to on. Take a look at your privacy settings. :)

I tell you what. I am a technologically up-to-date guy with no foundation in conspiracy theories. I feel that the way my OS connects with the Cloud, and the MS Servers is wonderful. I do not mess with the communication settings, installing using Express settings, and I observe with a mischievous grin on my face as I observe others try to block updates, and other communications, then their whole Windows 10 is BRICKED. My Windows 10 install is absolutely wonderful, and I have no issues, and MS has not stolen a thing or spied on me. So, take off your tin-foil hat, and live in reality. The cloud is the new reality, and you will not be able to get away from it.

#7 Oneman1

Oneman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Why the options then? Why don't they just make it a permanent, unchangeable part of the platform.

I must agree that Windows 10 is a wonderful platform. I just did not like the way they tried to force it upon you by some very sneaky means.   

#8 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Why the options then? Why don't they just make it a permanent, unchangeable part of the platform.

I must agree that Windows 10 is a wonderful platform. I just did not like the way they tried to force it upon you by some very sneaky means.

Why do you say sneaky? The options are right out there in the open when you install Windows, and there is a whole category labeled Privacy in Settings.

#9 Oneman1

Oneman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

If you set the optional privacy settings to 'off' and then get a update they revert back to 'on' without a warning.

pcworld links.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGsu7PjavQAhViJMAKHZ-0CNwQFggqMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcworld.com%2Farticle%2F3073457%2Fwindows%2Fhow-microsofts-nasty-new-windows-10-pop-up-tricks-you-into-upgrading.html&usg=AFQjCNGgfAx2TlmcMH2w-aaTorxv1uCBJw

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGsu7PjavQAhViJMAKHZ-0CNwQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcworld.com%2Farticle%2F3089299%2Fwindows%2Fmicrosoft-backs-off-sneaky-windows-10-upgrade-tricks-with-simple-new-pop-up.html&usg=AFQjCNElfHOyYAOoA9Co7BLYxyRfCgXOgA

Edited by Oneman1, 15 November 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#10 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

pcworld links.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGsu7PjavQAhViJMAKHZ-0CNwQFggqMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcworld.com%2Farticle%2F3073457%2Fwindows%2Fhow-microsofts-nasty-new-windows-10-pop-up-tricks-you-into-upgrading.html&usg=AFQjCNGgfAx2TlmcMH2w-aaTorxv1uCBJw

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGsu7PjavQAhViJMAKHZ-0CNwQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcworld.com%2Farticle%2F3089299%2Fwindows%2Fmicrosoft-backs-off-sneaky-windows-10-upgrade-tricks-with-simple-new-pop-up.html&usg=AFQjCNElfHOyYAOoA9Co7BLYxyRfCgXOgA

All upgrades were users' choices. It was very simple to avoid the upgrade unless you either couldn't read or couldn't be bothered. Most people would rather blame their own mistakes on others. It is very sad.

Edited by dhjohns, 15 November 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#11 Oneman1

Oneman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:06 AM

My new system came with windows 10 already installed.

That does not justify changing your settings without warning with a new update though.

Edited by Oneman1, 15 November 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

Stop Microsoft From Gathering Telemetry Data

2GvnEq2.gif

#13 Oneman1

Oneman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

Thanks. FreeBooter.

I presume the spybot anti-beacon software will do the same as it will disable any known tracking (telemetry) issues present included by Microsoft in the operating system.

#14 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

With enough knowledge, and experience I hope you guys will remove the tin foil hats, and stop worrying about it.  All is good.  MS is one of the world's most ethical companies. Click Here for Documentation.

#15 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:23 PM

With enough knowledge, and experience I hope you guys will remove the tin foil hats, and stop worrying about it.  All is good.  MS is one of the world's most ethical companies. Click Here for Documentation.

Well not the hackers i myself don't want to find out hacker gotten his hand on my passwords, bank details and so on that Microsoft say secure but they all say that before they get hack.

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users