Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card no starting in a Specific System

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rvotri

rvotri

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

I have 3 systems

1 - Asus R9 990X - DDR3 - 750W PSU
2 - Gigabyte VM900M - DDR2 - 450W PSU
3 - Asus M2nX Plus - DDR2 - 450W PSU

And i Have a nVidia GTS250 that starts on system 1 and 2 but 3 don't

System 3 starts normally with another video cards, and won't start with this one.

I receive 1 long beep - pause 3 short Beeps
Then a couple of seconds later i receive the same beeps little faster.

Plus, when i click the power button, it goes donw instantly, i don't have to hold it for some seconds.
I already tryed switch PSU, memoryes and didn't worked.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

I only concern myself with the problematical system...the other two are irrelevant. IMO.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course): p22004369.gif

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

p22004371.gif

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

p22004372.gif

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

That motherboard has AMI BIOS, the 1 long and 3 short beeps is indicative of a memory failure.

You can view the beep codes here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 rvotri

rvotri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

I only concern myself with the problematical system...the other two are irrelevant. IMO.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course): p22004369.gif

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

p22004371.gif

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

p22004372.gif

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

Ok, i'll do that, but, the program will not run with the Videocard on.... So i guess it will no help...

Anyway i gave me an ideia. I'll buy a PCI test card and plug on PCI with Vide card on and see whta it will show...

Thank you..

#5 rvotri

rvotri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:14 AM

That motherboard has AMI BIOS, the 1 long and 3 short beeps is indicative of a memory failure.

You can view the beep codes here.

Yep, you're right... But the fact is, i have a ton o memorys here, and all are working fine, i even switched from the working system to the not working system and he same problem has occured, could it be some Bios corruption, out of date thing...
You gave me an ideia too, i will flash bios to a newer version... I'll post soon if solved...
Thank you!

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

Use one of the graphics cards which work with system #3 and run the Speccy.  

You have two computers which are compatible with this graphics card, but you do have a graphics card which is compatible with system #3.

I would guess that system #1 is your primary computer.  If this is the case you will be using this graphics card with it, correct?

If this is the case you are trying get some one to determine why this graphics card is not compatible with system #3.  I would suggest that you do a little research yourself.  A good place to start would be to find the system requirements for this card.

I wish you the best of luck. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

There are a number of things that could fault the memory without the memory being bad.  The board connectors could have dirt/dust in them.  The plastic frame around the connector is fractured, not allowing a solid connection and not fully seating.  I have seen some cold solder joints on the memory connector, on the under side of the MOBO.  Those are usually caused by too much force during mounting.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

There are a number of things that could fault the memory without the memory being bad.  The board connectors could have dirt/dust in them.  The plastic frame around the connector is fractured, not allowing a solid connection and not fully seating.  I have seen some cold solder joints on the memory connector, on the under side of the MOBO.  Those are usually caused by too much force during mounting.

I doubt this is the cause since they can use other graphics cards they have without a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users