Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BT Hotspots

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sigord

Sigord

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:15 AM

I cannot access the BT hotspots unless I am in a room with the BT Router on. So what is the point of the hotspots if you are somewhere away from home and the BT Router? 

I can see other private hotspots like banks but they are too far away.

Gordon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

Are you following these steps?

http://www.btwifi.com/help/login-with-bt/

#3 Sigord

Sigord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

Thanks Guys

I use Skype to enable two housebound club members to hear and see any speaker giving talks at our meetings. I am allowed use a router in an adjoining room at the Blind Centre as the manger kindly told us the Password. But we maybe changing to another place for meetings that does not have a router nearby.

Gordon

#4 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:10 PM

Your built in aerial that sends and revives the wifi signal might not have a very good signal strength you might want to think about a booster aerial. It would be best to research or ask here if anyone knows a good one.

Example of a booster, it just plugs into your usb: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-11_TL-WN8200ND.html

#5 Sigord

Sigord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:25 AM

Actually I bought a small booster antenna some while but I am scared of installing it being unable to understand the tiny half Chinese instructions 

#6 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:49 AM

Which model did you buy I will see if I can find or make some easy to follow instructions if you would like.

#7 Sigord

Sigord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for your kind offer but I got rid of it some time ago

#8 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:27 AM

No problem. Well if you do get another one the one above in the link provided is the one I have and does a good job it has the bonus of being in English and coming with a small set up disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users