Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my comp is hacked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nycpsychic

nycpsychic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

need help, clicked on link went to random page that went into endless loop couldn't get out of it. said they were stealing my information. i finally got out using task manager but not my chrome won't start and other programs and the popup says "The program can't start because dbghelp.dll is missing from computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". tried to install malware progrma, comp won't let it. tried to pull up netstat cmd won't let me.

HELP!

Edited by NickAu, 06 November 2016 - 06:14 PM.
Moved from Windows 7 to a more appropriate section

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

Try doing a system restore using a restore point before this problem started. Instructions if needed: How to Use System Restore on Windows 7 (with Pictures)

Or you can use the System Repair Disk to boot the computer and perform the System Restore using it if you are unable to do a system restore per instructions in link above.

That's assuming you have created a System Repair Disc.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

If you have sensitive information on that computer such as Drivers License, SS#, if you use the computer for online shopping with credit cards, etc. immediately disconnect from the internet. Go to "am I infected" forum on this site and post in. Someone will be along to help you. But.....disconnect the internet. If you have a keylogger on that computer it will send sensitive info back to the hacker.

System restore will not help you if there is an active virus / browser hijacker running. 

[EDIT]: another thought....you might consider calling your different credit card companies and put a temporary freeze on them until you get this resolved. BTW.....that is not an over-reaction; there have been posters on this forum that have had their bank accounts emptied, thousands of dollars in credit card debits, etc. happen to them because they did not take their computer security seriously.

Edited by ranchhand_, 07 November 2016 - 08:39 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users