Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unexpected Store Exception BSOD

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Fyreburn

Fyreburn

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:58 PM

I've been getting this BSOD, usually once every 1-2 days. When my computer reboots, it sometimes says that boot drive cannot be found. Once I turn off my computer for a few seconds and turn it on again, it boots normally. I've tried searching for solutions, but the error seems very widespread and not due to any single cause. It started about a week ago and the only change I can think of is that I switched up my monitors - I was using a old 1920x1200 Apple DVI monitor and now I'm using a dual monitor setup with 1920x1200 Apple MiniDisplayport monitor and a 1600 x 1050 Apple DVI monitor.

Here's the crystal disk info for my primary boot drive: http://imgur.com/a/XUHOQ

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

· Windows 10 x64
· About ~2-3 years old
· Recent - maybe half a year

· i5 4670k
· Stock XFX RX480 8gb
· MSI Z87-G45
· Corsair HX750

Attached Files

Edited by Fyreburn, 06 November 2016 - 06:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

There are no memory dumps listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report

There is one BSOD listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.  It looks like it was a STOP 0x1a error:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000001A

If using a disk cleaning program (such as CCleaner), please stop using it while we're troubleshooting.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version V1.1) dates from 2013.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

This device has a problem in Device Manager:

USB Input Device    USB\VID_05AC&PID_9222\6&2346E9BD&0&2    This device cannot start.

This appears to belong to the Apple Cinema Display that you're using.

Please download and install the latest (W10 compatible) drivers for this device.

As Apple has ended support for this device, you may not be able to use it.

MSI Afterburner (along with EVGA Precision and Riva Tuner) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

I would suggest these steps:

Beyond this I have these 5 suggestions:
1.  Get ALL available Windows Updates.  It may take several trips to get them all
2.  Get ALL available, compatible updates for your system from the manufacturer's website (to include BIOS/UEFI).
3.  Get ALL available, compatible updates for the programs and any additional hardware installed on your computer from the developer's website
4.  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
5.  If ALL of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Fyreburn

Fyreburn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, and sorry for the somewhat late response. I've downloaded all the windows updates, uninstalled MSI afterburner, and updated my bios to the v1.9 (most recent I could find on the site).

For the USB input device I disabled the device because I couldn't find the appropriate drivers.

Memtest didn't have any real problems. Haven't really tried verifier yet, but it seems that my dump file isnt being created.

The memory allocation BSOD was from a previous problem with another program that I (should have) fixed. I've been getting a different unexpected_store_exception BSOD. When it occurs, programs start becoming unresponsive - can't type into Chrome address bar or Discord chat, but videos will play out the entire buffer before everything freezes completely and goes to the BSOD collecting data screen. At this point, it gets stuck at 0% collecting data. When rebooting, I can't seem to find a dump file anywhere.

Thanks again for any help!

EDIT: After trying to use Driver Verifier, I got a driver verifier detected violation bsod on startup. Attached is another file collection.

Attached Files

Edited by Fyreburn, 16 November 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Lot's to do and no time to do it in :(

Driver Verifier blames XQHDrv.sys - a driver for VirtualBox.

Please turn off Driver Verifier and then uninstall VirtualBox

See if that stops the BSOD's

If it does, then try downloading a fresh copy of the latest, W10 compatible version of VirtualBox (if needed).

You may want to try and see if there are any updates for GlassWire and your SoftEther VPN software also.

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Wed Nov 16 02:50:58.587 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\111516-5890-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 14393 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 14393.447.amd64fre.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:03.349
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for XQHDrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for XQHDrv.sys
Probably caused by :XQHDrv.sys ( XQHDrv+26883 )
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff80247b56883, 0, 54525049}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000002000, Code Integrity Issue: The caller specified an executable pool type. (Expected: NonPagedPoolNx)
Arg2: fffff80247b56883, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Pool Type.
Arg4: 0000000054525049, Pool Tag (if provided).
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc4_2000
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_2000_VRF_XQHDrv!unknown_function
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Wed Nov 16 02:50:58.587 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
gwdrv.sys                   Fri May 29 00:15:40 2015 (5567E7EC)
iaStorA.sys                 Wed Jun  3 05:38:57 2015 (556ECB31)
SeLow_x64.sys               Sun Oct 18 07:12:14 2015 (56237E8E)
XQHDrv.sys                  Fri May 27 22:26:22 2016 (574901CE)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=gwdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SeLow_x64.sys
XQHDrv.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Edited by usasma, 19 November 2016 - 09:01 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Fyreburn

Fyreburn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

For glasswire, I uninstalled it because I don't use it anymore. Softether I have set to automatic updates, not sure how to manually update. I have Build 9613, which appears to be the most up to date version on the Softether site.

As for virtualbox, I don't believe I have that program installed. I don't remember ever installing it either. I do have a few emulators (ie: Nox, Dolphin). Is it possible that it could be packaged with one of those? Thanks!

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

XQHDrv.sys is listed as a driver for the BigNox service.

Try uninstalling that temporarily.

#7 Fyreburn

Fyreburn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

I uninstalled Nox and it worked fine for a while, but I just got a critical process died BSOD instead of store execption error.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:23 PM

Let's have a look at the memory dumps.

Please zip up the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and upload them with your next post.

If unable to zip it there, please copy it to your Desktop and zip it up from there.

#9 Fyreburn

Fyreburn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

I think my computer isn't configured properly for error collection. The minidump folder is empty and there isnt a Memory.dmp file.

When the BSOD occurs it says that it is collecting data but it gets stuck at 0%.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

The system has saved several dump files in the past - so I'm not real worried that there's a problem with the mechanisms that collect them.

What I am concerned about is that the errors don't leave any evidence behind.

As such, it's either a corruption of the collection mechanism (unlikely as you haven't had issues with the one's that were collected), or it's an error below the threshold that Windows can detect.

Most often these are hardware, compatibility, or low-level driver issues.

In general, I do not troubleshoot dump file creation problems - as they are time consuming and don't contribute directly to the fixing of the BSOD errors.

But, I usually find that the BSOD collection problems disappear when we fix the BSOD's.

More info on BSOD generation here:  http://www.carrona.org/dumpgen.html

So, the next thing to do is to complete ALL of these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.

#11 Fyreburn

Fyreburn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

I haven't really had time to run the diags yet (classes and stuff), but I found a dmp file in minidump folder.

I've noticed that if I leave my computer on overnight, it will die with a black screen and no hardware activity. Not sure if its that important, I think that it's just the same BSOD but the screen is off.

dmp file is marked as last modified at 9:29 (9:37 is time of this post). Black screen has occured multiple times, so only this most recent one has created a dmp file.

Attached Files

Edited by Fyreburn, 30 November 2016 - 12:39 AM.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:37 AM

This one points at your video - either drivers or hardware.

The issue with doing minidumps one at a time is that they may be misleading if this is a hardware problem.
For example, then next one could blame audio, then the next USB, then the next networkding, etc - so you can see that that will lead you on a long wild goose chase.

If you'll note, the previous memory dump  (from 16 Nov) doesn't even mention the video.

But it does mention Virtual Box - which is in this memory dump.

I'd suggest uninstalling Virtual Box until we're finished troubleshooting this issue.

It's still critical to complete ALL of the diagnostics.

As for the video:

- download a fresh set of video drivers from the AMD website, uninstall the current drivers, then install the fresh set of video drivers.

- if that doesn't fix it, then try another video card.  If you don't have a spare that you can use (or borrow), then I'd suggest purchasing one from a shop that will let you return it if it's not needed (for your money back).

Intel Smart Connect is no longer supported in W10.  Please:

- uninstall Intel Smart Connect from Control Panel...Programs and Features

- then go into the BIOS/UEFI and disable it there.

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Tue Nov 29 23:27:12.726 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\112916-6531-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 14393 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 14393.447.amd64fre.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100
System Uptime:1 days 4:52:59.443
Probably caused by :pci.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, ffff838306de0460, ffffe10166bd4960, ffff83830995ed30}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: ffff838306de0460, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: ffffe10166bd4960, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: ffff83830995ed30, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_atikmpag_IMAGE_pci.sys
CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3400
CurrentSpeed: 3400
  BIOS Version                  V1.9
  BIOS Release Date             07/21/2014
  Manufacturer                  MSI
  Product Name                  MS-7821
  Baseboard Product             Z87-G45 GAMING (MS-7821)
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Tue Nov 29 23:27:12.726 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MBfilt64.sys                Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0)
ISCTD64.sys                 Tue Nov 27 14:52:34 2012 (50B51A02)
speedfan.sys                Sat Dec 29 15:59:35 2012 (50DF59B7)
npf.sys                     Thu Feb 28 20:31:24 2013 (513004EC)
L1C63x64.sys                Tue Jul 16 02:56:31 2013 (51E4EE9F)
XtuAcpiDriver.sys           Thu Feb 26 07:51:57 2015 (54EF16ED)
iaStorA.sys                 Wed Jun  3 05:38:57 2015 (556ECB31)
SeLow_x64.sys               Sun Oct 18 07:12:14 2015 (56237E8E)
Neo6_x64_VPN.sys            Sun Oct 18 07:12:27 2015 (56237E9B)
TeeDriverW8x64.sys          Wed Feb  3 17:41:13 2016 (56B28209)
VBoxUSBMon.sys              Fri May 27 22:18:36 2016 (5748FFFC)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Jun 21 08:10:42 2016 (57692EC2)
intelppm.sys                Fri Jul 15 22:10:43 2016 (578997A3)
hiber_storport.sys          Fri Jul 15 22:21:57 2016 (57899A45)
AtihdWT6.sys                Tue Sep 20 19:17:24 2016 (57E1C384)
atikmpag.sys                Tue Oct  4 21:29:28 2016 (57F45778)
atikmdag.sys                Tue Oct  4 22:51:46 2016 (57F46AC2)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBfilt64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ISCTD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=npf.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=XtuAcpiDriver.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SeLow_x64.sys
Neo6_x64_VPN.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverW8x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxUSBMon.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hiber_storport.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWT6.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

#13 Fyreburn

Fyreburn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:27 PM

I'll try to find time to do the diags over the weekend. I remember I had already run memtestx86 for ~9 passes with no errors.

I already uninstalled Nox, and I can't find VirtualBox anywhere in the programs so I'm not sure how to uninstall it.

I couldn't find Intel smart connect in programs either, but I did disable it in my BIOS.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:47 AM

I can give instructions on how to manually remove some of these drivers - but I prefer not to do it until later on in the process (as it's not a real easy or neat "fix")

I'd suggest that we wait and see what happens - but continue with the hardware diagnostics as they (IMO) are the most important tests at this point.

If the BSOD's continue, just zip them up and upload them with your next post and we'll see what we get.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users