Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This program is blocked by group policy. Contact your system administrator

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MarPal

MarPal

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

How can I resolve this problem? I am unable to make any changes or restore a deleted folder. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

We need more info, please.

System manufacturer and model?

Why were you trying to restore a deleted folder?

When did problems start?  What were circumstances leading up to your situation?

Louis

#3 MarPal

MarPal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

Hi thanks. My system is a Lenovo y450 and it runs on Windows 7. This problems has been going on for about 6 months. Now,I was cleaning up and saving important files to an external drive. I erased my music folder that was on my desktop screen thinking that is was a shortcut. I went to open my music folder and all of my music is gone and is not in the recycle bin. As I was trying to restore it with recuva software it gave me the message of being blocked by group policy. Anything I try to do will give me the same message. I do not have internet so it is difficult to download anything,plus I am trying to avoid downloading so the music folder I want to restore will not be overwritten.i cannot define when or what I did when this problem started. I heard I need to delete some keys and followed the instructions but when it is time to delete it tells me I don't have permission and it is blocked by group policy.

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

Is this PC on a corporate network? If so then you need to contact the admin because recuva runs in the TMP directory from memory and if the rules are correct then running .exe files or certain file types from there will not work.

This is why you could the error.

#5 MarPal

MarPal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:14 PM

Interesting. Thank you. I did login at my brother's internet which is used for a company. Do you know what are the steps once I log in in the internet.?

#6 MarPal

MarPal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

How could I find out if I am under corporate?

#7 MarPal

MarPal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

I have disconnected from home group. Same problem persist. How can I bypass the administrator?. I would want to recover my deleted music folder and then reinstall windows 7

#8 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:12 PM

Install recuva (I think you can just extract the zip file and run the software from a location other than temp) and then run it.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

Recuva has portable version you can download.

Posted Image

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

Try doing a System Restore, use a restore point dated prior to the deletion of the folder contents.  This is the quickest and easiest way.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

Restoring your installed Windows with System Restore tool will not restore deleted files. Previous Versions is an incredibly useful feature built into Windows 7 but not all versions of Windows 7 you can right click any folder and restore previous versions of of that folders content from folder properties. The ShadowExplorer allows you to browse the Shadow Copies of C: partition content created by the Windows Vista / 7 / 8 and Windows 10 Volume Shadow Copy Service. It's especially thought for users of the home editions, who don't have access to the shadow copies by default, but it's also useful for users of the other editions.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users