Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Lockups needing forced reset.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 K12RiV

K12RiV

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hello my machine is,

Motherboard:  Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z97X-Gaming 5

Processor:       Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz

RAM:                 CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A2400C11

Graphics:         Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 970

Boot Drive:      119GB SanDisk SD8SBAT128G1122 (SSD)

Storage Drive: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 (SATA)

PSU:                  EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 120-G1-0650-XR 80+ GOLD 650W

My OS is stored on the SSD and some programs on a 1tb HDD my problem is when using my computer after sometime the computer will lockup and firefox will stop responding and i cannot open any programs or files on my PC. The only way to fix this is to press the reset button on my case.

I checked Event Viewer and although i don't understand it, There is allot of errors from the DistributedCOM and Service control Manager. if that helps.

Any help would be appretiated and thank you .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

Please use my instructions at my tutorial to run SFC command.

Also schedule error checking of C: partition and 1 TB HDD. From Command Prompt type Chkdsk  C: /R command.

System File Checker (Sfc.exe)

Posted Image

#3 K12RiV

K12RiV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:27 AM

I attempted to follow your directions but WinRE doesnt work (start up cannot fix issues and CMD's sfc command just says unable to fix or whatever.)

cannot even restore with system restore because it keeps telling me to select an OS. so im guessing its an issue that ill have to live with since its a windows thing.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:46 AM

Why have you executed Sfc command within WinRE you said you can boot your computer with Windows why not execute Sfc command from Safe Mode if you cannot execute Sfc command from normal booted Windows OS. Also we need the error message as it is displayed without the error message we cannot understand what went wrong.  Have you executed Chkdsk command?

Posted Image

#5 K12RiV

K12RiV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

Ive run Chkdsk and there was no problems and i ran sfc on its normal boot and there was no problems

No error messages to be seen

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

Just to be sure you have executed Chkdsk command for both C: partition and any other storage drive connected to your computer i'm a correct?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

To keep a record of your system profile at any given time, you can publish to the Web using Speccy. Speccy uses Piriform's servers to publish the profile without any identifying information. Each profile is given a unique URL. For an example, see:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/nGmV1yekiTFbWJJ1oggVwcV

The last part of each URL is randomized, so only people you provide with the URL will be able to find your profile.

Note: Each time you start Speccy, it will generate a new randomized URL. This is useful if you want to track your computer's information over time.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

• In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

• In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

• Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

• In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Posted Image

#7 K12RiV

K12RiV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Yes i ran chkdsk on both my C: and D: drive (D: is my 1tb Storage drive)

Speccy snap: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/yIDJ5frayCQOwHZPOgcyp5X

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hi K12RİV,

I had look at the Speccy report and the hard disks are good condition lets try few things to see we can found out what is causing your issue.

Please uninstall Avira Antivirus just to test if issue will resolve don't disable the Avira Antivirus you need to uninstall it.

Perform Clean Boot state to find out if startup programs and services causing the issue.

Posted Image

#9 K12RiV

K12RiV
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

i Will try that ASAP but what Antivirus would u recommend me installing in place of it because for me to have it cause the issue my pc must bee on for 16 plus hours

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

AVAST Antivirus is good free antivirus.

You should also keep eye on temperature of your system with SpeedFan program.

Edited by FreeBooter, 10 November 2016 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users