Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 courtjester14

courtjester14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:03 AM

Hey all, 

Name is Jester, just thought id stop by and introduce myself! Extremely happy to be apart of this forum!

Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Long story short, I have always been interested in cyber security and plan to chase a degree in the field. Im currently in the military and in the process of EASing ( End of Active Service ) so my question is : Where could i start before applying for college.

Prep guides, Websites to look at, anything that will help get a foot in the door before college!

I have a very basic understanding or did have a basic understanding of cyber security and programming knowledge before i joined the service but havent kept on it so sadly, im basically starting from square one!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, enjoy your days    

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

Welcome to BC !

With regards to your question about training I suggest you start a topic in the section 'It Certifications and Careers' or possibly in 'General chat' but certifications would be more relevant. 'Introductions' is purely for introducing yourself and perhaps giving some information on your background.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 adesid

adesid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

Greetings all,

My name is Ade, I am from Indonesia.

I came to this website because computer where I work recently got ransomware.

I home I can find help here.

Thanks and regards,

Ade

#4 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

Hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic