Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Legal streaming services.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Hi I would like to have a discussion about legal streaming services such as Netflix.

I currently subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, Funimation Channel & TheAnimeNetwork.

So what legal streaming services do you subscribe to? And which ones are your favorite?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,829 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

I haven't chosen one yet.  Been waiting for the initial reviews to make a final choice.  Sling looks to be a good price with reasonable channel choices and now is offered with a free Roku device.  Still looking.

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

I tried Sling and I wasn't that impressed. But it does offer a decent amount of channels.

Theres also Playstation Vue which supposedly offers many more networks the Sling and its available for Roku starting $30 for 55+ channels.

Of course the Playstation Network seems to get hacked quite a bit. :( But either way Playstation Vue seems to be a better deal than Sling.

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Netflix and Chill. Thats what im about ;)

StrangerThings was an excellent tv show thats for sure.

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Yeah I hear you JohnnyJammer StrangerThings is a good show I have to finish watching season one. :thumbup2:

#6 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

Netflix and Chill do Stranger Things go Breaking Bad build House of Cards and rule the Narcos.. :devil:

#7 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

The AnimeNetwork... next Crunchyroll... is nice to have. I don't know why but it's just too fun on the AnimeNetwork... Anyone else?

#8 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

The AnimeNetwork... next Crunchyroll... is nice to have. I don't know why but it's just too fun on the AnimeNetwork... Anyone else?

Because of the Dubs? I know theres a problem with the AnimeNetwork on Roku where the queue isn't working properly. :(

#9 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

Well, I will say the forums the AnimeNetwork are nicer than CR... otherwise, the streaming is smoother on the AnimeNetwork. CR has many problems with stable streaming.

#10 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

Thats surprising I was always told CrunchyRoll had very stable streaming.

#11 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

Well, CR is nice, unless you have a privacy addon installed... then it goes nuts because it thinks you're trying to block its ads. On other browsers and on Android... it's very stable.

#12 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

OK I see Kakuzu you must have the free version of CrunchyRoll, because theres a similar problem with Hulu if you have the basic package with ads the videos just wont play if it thinks your blocking the ads.

#13 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Indeed... I have free version for it, although I did once have CR Premium and it was okay. However, the 720p streams were glitchy and gave me many problems even on a different computer, so I thought the service was ridiculous - I cancelled it and finished the month out... then went elsewhere.

#14 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:29 PM

You should've contacted support and told them about your issues maybe they could've fixed your issues.

#15 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Hehe, maybe... but I'm not worried. Been with another site for so long faithfully, and have not received any other issues. I do still use CR for reasons of wanting to find other shows that I cannot find elsewhere. But still, it's missing some of the legacy shows that I still love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users