Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Random Drops in Various Components

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tnick03

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:56 PM

So I started to have this problem where every couple minutes my watts (power) would go down, my gpu usage would go down, my temps would go down, but my cpu usage would go up. When this happens I will get terrible fps but then it will fix. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,079 posts
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

The immediate reaction to your description of your problem is your power supply is the root of the problem, it sounds like the output voltages are fluctuating which they are not supposed to do.

Difficult to be give more than the most generic answer without more details on your computer. Make and model at least, main specifications if you built it yourself.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

If it's a process that's causing a bottleneck, the task manager could help find the culprit.  Close down all un-needed programs, it maybe caused by something running in the background (ie Skype).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users