Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to run dual 4k monitors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeffwee16

Jeffwee16

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

I've been trying to run my 2 4k Samsung U28D590D 28.0" 60Hz Monitors of off my EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card but I keep running into a myriad of problems and I could use some help or suggestions.

1) the monitor colors were initially off colors.  I chalked this up to one port being HDMI and the other port being DP.  the DP port was much crisper and when I was in settings it allowed for better options.  So I purchased a Lenovo 0B47092 DisplayPort to Dual DisplayPort Adapter which fixed the color issue but lead me to problem 2.

2) now that I am using the DP splitter one screen, which was originally my main screen running at full 4k, now only has the option to run at 1080p.  When I was using the HDMI and DP direct from the video card they were both running at 4k resolution, as I stated earlier the colors were just off.

Any help tips or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  I'd prefer not having to buy a new GFX card as the 780 preforms great other than this slight aspect and it's water cooled so it's a bit of a hassle to set it all up again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

A new video card is probably going to be your best answer.  Per nVidia - 3840x2160 at 30Hz or 4096x2160 at 24Hz supported over HDMI. 4096x2160 (including 3840x2160) at 60Hz supported over Displayport. Support for 4k tiled MST displays requires 326.19 driver or later.

Even if you do get both of them working they will be working at different refresh rates, or you'll be using a lower refresh on the Displayport to make they equal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users