Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus takes full control, my knowledge is not enough to kill it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hmdo1

hmdo1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:56 AM

Hello tech pros,
I was trying to install this software in my laptop. But after I authorized the installer to run, it ran a series of copying commands that laid its virus eggs everywhere in my computer and kept installing new software without my permission. I tried to delete them as fast as I can using my Iobit Installer, while my Windows Defender kept notifying "Malwares located, is removing it". But it was useless, there was something kept downloading and installing things in my computer that I had to disable Internet eventually.
Then I entered safe mode and ran Windows Defender but the software was turned off, and I could not turn it on by any means. I decided to locate the strange and new files and deleted them manually. But strange things still happened that I decided to reset my laptop to factory default. It did not work either, the virus prevent my computer from resetting. I also found that the virus had disabled my administration power, and placed new users in administration list: TrustedInstaller (full-control), ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES (read & execute), ALL RESTRICTED APP PACKAGES (read & execute) etc,

What should I do now... This is my working computer and I have never done back up.... please help...

Edited by NickAu, 05 November 2016 - 04:00 AM.
Moved from Windows 10 to Am I Infected, PM sent to OP to inform them of the move

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:10 AM

Now is the time for a clean install of Windows 10. Can you download a copy of Windows 10 on another computer and put it on a DVD or a USB stick?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 hmdo1

hmdo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:50 AM

I can, but is there any way to keep my files. They are all important documents and stuff...

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,915 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:07 AM

Hi

Please read this and follow the instructions

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Then start a new post here

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Regards

Nick

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Now is the time for a clean install of Windows 10. Can you download a copy of Windows 10 on another computer and put it on a DVD or a USB stick?

Your suggestion to reinstall Windows 10 is premature.  There are other avenues of approach, such as opening a topic in the MRL forum as NickAu has suggested, which should be applied first.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users