Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you Ram4x4 and SEANIA - now need more help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rocky82

Rocky82

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:34 AM

To Rams4x4 and SEANIA, if you are still active here I would like to thank you immensely! If they remember, they helped me build a Skylake rig from the ground up and it works like a dream. Every piece they recommended fit like a glove and I thank you so much for your input and time vested in helping me!

So I'm very confused with audio and how Ohms works and impedance. It is SO confusing to me and I need to have this broken down in dummy form. Ok. So my main question is, What's the ohms that output from a maximus formula board or Z-170 A motherboard (onboard)? I read the headphone ohms should be 8 times higher ohms than the motherboard audio jack for max performance.. I don't know what ohms the motherboard jack outputs.

I bought headphones that have 64 ohms. I plug it right into the back jack of my computer. I'm a bit of an audiophile but a very stupid one! My other computer is connected to 2 big box standing speakers and it says 8ohms in the back of each speaker. And those are connected through the S/PDIF. Now whats the ohm output of that S/PDIF jack?!

Who knows? Hopefully you guys could help.

Lets assume the output of my green onboard audio jack is 8 ohms, then my 64 ohms headphones would be PERFECT according to some articles I've read stating that the ohms on the headphones should be 8 times higher than the audio jack equipment's ohms.

I hope I gave enough information.. I want the best audio with the equipment I have. I also have an AMP if you'd like to know about those specs as well.

Thanks in advance my fellow geeks! :) :)

EDIT: Sorry, I read the rules of posting AFTER I posted this thread, I should have added more information in my title instead of just "help". Sorry about that. I should have said "help with audio". And I don't know how to change my thread title.. It won't happen again :/

EDIT: aww I checked the 2 users that helped me last time, their info, and they haven't been active in months :( ok I'm sure they're many chivalrous people here that are willing to help me :)

Edited by hamluis, 05 November 2016 - 08:37 AM.
Moved from System Building to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users