Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube Ad Blocker keeps coming back after removal and Chrome reinstall

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kitsupra

Kitsupra

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:59 PM

Hey there! I recently downloaded something and ended up with Youtube Ad Blocker. I ran ADWCleaner as well as ESET NOD32 and all seemed well until I noticed Chrome lagging severely. I ran ADWCleaner again and it was back! So I rolled back, reinstalled Chrome, and what do you know.. it's back again. I need some help getting rid of it once and for all! Attached are my FRST logs. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Running on Windows 10. 

Attached Files

Edited by Kitsupra, 03 November 2016 - 04:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hi Kitsupra

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.
2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.
3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
6. Please follow steps in the correct order.

P2P Warning
Please note that as long as you're using any form of Peer-to-Peer networking ( Frostwire, Bearshare, uTorrent etc.) and downloading files from non-documented sources, you can expect infestations of malware and system problems to occur.
P2P programmes form a direct conduit onto your computer, their security measures are easily circumvented, and Malware writers are increasingly exploiting them to spread their wares onto your computer. Further to that, if your P2P programme is not configured correctly you may be sharing more files than you realise. There have been cases where people's Passwords, Address Books and other personal, private, and financial details have been exposed to the file sharing network by a badly configured programme.

Many of the programmes come bundled with other unwanted programmes, but even the ones free of any bundled software are not safe to use.
When you use them you are downloading software from an unknown source directly onto your computer, bypassing your Firewall and Anti-Virus software. Hardly surprising then that many of these Downloads are being targeted to carry infections.

You may decide to continue P2P sharing, but keep in mind that this practice may be the source of future malware infestation.
If we clean your computer of infection, and you return to us a short time later with an infection contracted by the use of P2P programmes, we may refuse to help you.

If you do decide (unwisely) to keep these programs, please refrain from using them until we have finished cleaning your system.

Step 1

QuickTime

Please uninstall Quicktime for Windows.

It is now a security risk:
Apple is deprecating QuickTime for Microsoft Windows.
They will no longer be issuing security updates for the product on the Windows Platform and as such they recommend users uninstall it.

And because Apple is no longer providing security updates for QuickTime on Windows, the present vulnerabilities are never going to be patched.

Step 2

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file (bottom of this post) and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE.
It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine.
Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Re-run FRST/FRST64 (which ever is installed ) and press the Fix button just once and wait.

frstfix_zps7db0c905.png

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post this in your next reply.

Step 3
Please download RogueKiller Anti-malware (Free) onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on RogueKiller Anti-malware to install the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Select Accept the User Agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
  • Click Finish
  • When the program opens..... click Scan

rk1_zpsn7bfbew7.png
  • Click Start Scan

rk2_zpszu8aygv0.png

rk4_zpsj0fwsy1w.png
  • Double check anything found and tick to select items to be removed

rk3_zps0k0uqbtb.png
  • Click Remove Selected
  • When the items have been removed.... Click Open Report >> Open TXT.
  • Copy and paste that report into your next reply.
In your next reply, please submit:
Fixlog.txt
Report from RogueKiller

Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by Starbuck, 06 November 2016 - 07:12 PM.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hi Kitsupra

Do you still require assistance?

BBPP6nz.png

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:21 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending one of the Moderating team or an Administrator
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users