Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 start menu and task bar options flash then disappear following update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drhansenjr

drhansenjr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

Following a recent automatic Windows 10 update, my start menu and task bar items have been behaving strangely, preventing me from being able to perform several critical operations. For example:
1) When I click the power icon in the start menu, the sleep/hibernate/restart/shutdown option list pops up for a fraction of a second, then disappears.
2) The same thing happens when I click on the wireless network icon after clicking the hidden icons icon on the taskbar. The list of available networks flashes briefly, then disappears, preventing me from selecting new wireless networks.
3) I find that I must click on start menu tile items multiple times before they ultimately "take" and launch the associated application.

I have tried a number of different solutions I have found online, including rolling back recent updates, without success.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem that will WORK?

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2016 - 04:58 PM.
Moved from W10 Discussion to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users