Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Remote to Win8 for Quickbooks/ Need Better Sharing Solution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlueScreen0fDeath

BlueScreen0fDeath

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hello, 

I'm new to the site, and really need some help, maybe this will be simple for you. I searched around the site and couldn't find something that fits my issue. I appreciate any help offered and value your time. I'm stepping into a bit of a rigged situation, and would like to find a better way to work this setup. 

I have two computers that sit in the same room hooked to the same switch connected to a router. 

We use Quickbooks 2015 Premiere and Outlook for Win 8.1 (These are installed and used by one computer, while another uses them simultaneously via Remote Login)

Computer A = Windows 8.1 Pro - Main computer where Quickbooks and files are saved. This is also being remotely logged into simultaneously. 

Computer B = Windows 7 Pro - Logs into Computer A via Remote Desktop Log In and works out of quickbooks at the same time Computer A does. Computer B also send emails from outlook while Remotely logged into Cpu A, so the reports from Quickbooks can be attached and sent out. 

Computer C = a laptop that remote logs into computer A to "overlook" or access files that may be needed as well. 

We have times where computer B won't be able to send or receive emails while being logged into A. It freezes up and I believe it ends up being some type of certificate issue or something. Maybe because two computers are accessing the outlook at the same time, but one Remotely? (they do have separate email accounts they are using too just sharing outlook from Computer A)

I remember when I was in school there was a network that we all could easily save files to and access but that was 20 years ago haha. 

What is a better way for me to get this working so we aren't trying to all log in remotely to one computer to access files. 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 06 November 2016 - 04:57 PM.
Moved from Win 8/8.1 to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ACupOfCoffee

ACupOfCoffee

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

You're going to want to set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This will allow you to use multiple computers, each with their own copy of QuickBooks to access the same database. The only downside is having to buy a copy of QuickBooks for each computer.

#3 BlueScreen0fDeath

BlueScreen0fDeath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

Thank you for the response! So would I need a third machine to host or something? And would I need to buy another quickbooks or would extra Licenses be the same? Thank you again I appreciate your time and help!!

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:36 PM

For your review:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/qb/products/pro_premier_shared/tabs/faqs/pro_premier_faq_section6_multi-user.jsp

You would keep the setup you have with two computers.  You would need a single additional license for the 2nd computer to connect to the quickbooks database on the first pc.  No additional equipment or software would be required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users