Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy going to Local host 8080 - Malware removed by megabytes and adw

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eitan88

Eitan88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hi -

Fixing my mothers computer remotely. I was able to detect and clean a ton of malware. The malware was essentially redirecting through a local proxy. No Big deal i thought. ill just remove the files and disable the proxy....

I cannot disable the proxy, it says some settings are being managed by system adminsitrator. I looked into this and decided to check users there was a user called "new" as an admin, so looks like the virus created a user to manage...

I went ahead and deleted user new, still cant disable or change proxy settings. Firefox is the only browser that works, rest of computer tryes to go through 127.0.0.1:8080 I cannot fix this for the life of me. 

Windows 10 Pro.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eitan88

Eitan88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

I also looked through registry and could not find anything wrong based on everything i read. i deleted all proxy settings in registry. I also looked in group policy to see if something was changed in there, nothing. 

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

Hi Eitan88

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.
2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.
3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
6. Please follow steps in the correct order.

Note:
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.

If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.

For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator

frsticon_zpsdc3cbdc3.png
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

frstdis_zps7f598f12.png
  • Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottom
  • Press Scan button.

newfrst_zpsa63ffa3d.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
In your next reply, please submit:
Both reports from FRST

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hi Eitan88

Do you still require assistance?

BBPP6nz.png

#5 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending one of the Moderating team or an Administrator
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users