Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Remote Desktop Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Timmy818

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

Logmein Central Plus is ridiculous expensive this year as they doubled the price. It is now $3000 per year where it used to be $1500.

We need at least 200 computers as we have many client's servers and workstations. All we really use is Remote Access and File Transfer.

Logmein's speed is very efficient, but as our company is going through some rough times we cannot afford this.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper but solution without the drop in quality? Or maybe a file transfer solution because we need to update customers source code on the servers and at times test (because windows/network configuration or who knows what is different).

Right now they've got us by the balls and I'm a bit stressing out and not sure what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

If it is just $3,000, and yes I said just, stick with Logmein.  I'm not sure what the Logmein license model is.  If this is $3,000 per user then you might want to look for something else.  The problem will be that you will need to change all of the clients over to the new product, so you may save that $1,500 up front, but make it up in labor to change products.

You don't mention what operating systems that you will need to connect, that is important to know when recommending a replacement.

From the way your post reads these are external customers, is that the case?  If they are external is there a way to pass your increase in support costs onto them?

You can take a look at Dameware to see if it will do what you need, I don't know what their pricing is like, but it will give you an idea if the Logmein price is too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users