Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Have My Web Site Addresses Gone ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:48 AM

Howdy,

Up until this morning I was able to see the web address of a web site I was looking at. The web address was located up in the tool bar area of my screen.

I no longer see the web addresses of the sites I visit. For instance Bleeping Computer shows no web address on my screen.

Can someone help me out ??

Thank You for your time,

Dennis :thumbsup:

EDIT: Well I kind of answered my own question. I have the Google tool bar. On the far right of the tool bar was the word address. I clicked on it, and lo and behold the web address of the site came up.

However now I do not have any Google tool bar options displayed such as spell check, pop up blocker, etc.... The web address covers over where those options used to be.

Is there anyone out there who also has the the Google tool bar that could help me out ??

Thanks,
Dennis :flowers:

(Moderator edit: moved thread to more appropriate forum and added topic description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 24 August 2006 - 11:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hi Dennis H , not entirely sure if this is what you mean but try this : hover your cursor over the bottom of the toolbar until it changes to a hand ( or whatever it's set to ) , and , while holding in the left click button, drag the toolbar down. If your icons re-appear release the left click.

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:10 AM

Howdy FifeFlyer,

Well now you can be ENTIRLEY SURE cause it worked. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help !!!

Dennis :flowers:

EDIT: For your help I am going to buy you a glass of this if I ever run into you :trumpet:

World's Most Expensive Scotch Available By The Glass

Atlantic City, NJ (WFN) -- The world's most expensive single malt Scotch whiskey will soon be made available to the public by the glass.

Until now, the Macallan Scotch whiskey vintage collection of 38 bottles, which is valued at $170,000, has only been sold by the bottle.

But the Borgata hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey, has decided to offer the 38 different vintages by the glass, where one glass can cost anywhere from $50 to $3,500 depending on the vintage.

The fancy schmancy Scotch is meant to be sipped not gulped, and according to a hotel spokesperson, the Borgata will have a special single-malt sommelier on hand to pour it when it's ordered.

Borgata big-wigs expect the Scotch to be popular since it is the first time it has been offered by the glass anywhere.

It will remain exclusively offered at the Borgata through June, when it may become available elsewhere.

:inlove:

Edited by Dennis H, 24 August 2006 - 08:21 AM.

#4 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:45 AM

For your help I am going to buy you a glass of this if I ever run into you

Dennis , if i thought you could afford it , i would come looking for you , it sounds fantastic. In fact i can almost feel the lovely warm :thumbsup: sensation as it touches the back of my throat.

Pleased you're sorted and thanks for the feedback. :flowers:

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

Dennis :thumbsup:

Edited by Dennis H, 24 August 2006 - 04:18 PM.

#6 JdAwG

JdAwG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:07 PM

ok guys i know its not the topic but can anyone tell me how to disable um ok i dont know its proper term so its like if you go to google and type something in and everything youve looked up shows how do i stop that Please CAN ANYONE HELP ME

#7 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:31 AM

JdAwG , i think you mean the auto complete function in Internet Explorer.
Open Internet Explorer and on the toolbar click tools > Internet options > click on the content tab > auto complete > under the heading "use auto complete for" , remove the tick from "web addresses" > OK.
To clear any older remaining entries go back to the general tab and click on the clear history tab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users