Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Diagnostics Says I Got Errors -- Need Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 koolx

koolx

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:29 PM

I am having 2 issues with my desktop. First when my PC wakes from sleep the background becomes black and its only program that is visible. All other programs are dark. The second issue is that my bluetooth mouse becomes slow every 10 minutes. So I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found the following. Let me know what you guys think I should do:

Energy efficiency problems were found.
2 Errors
5 Warnings
26 Informational

Analysis Results

Errors
Platform Power Management Capabilitiesclear.pngCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Device Drivers:
Devices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption.
Device Name Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
Device ID ACPI\PNP0F03\0
Device Status 0x41802400
Device Problem Code 0x18

Warnings
USB Suspend:USB Device Rarely Entering Selective Suspend

This device intermittently entered the USB Selective Suspend state during the trace. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.Device Name Generic Bluetooth RadioHost Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12FHost Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0Device ID USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001Port Path 10Time Suspended (%) 21

CPU Utilizationclear.pngrocessor utilization is moderate
The average processor utilization during the trace was moderate. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.Average Utilization (%) 2.67

CPU Utilization:Individual process with significant processor utilization.
This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.Process Name WmiPrvSE.exePID 6500Average Utilization (%) 0.23Module Average Module Utilization (%)\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.15\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NTFS.sys 0.01\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\FLTMGR.SYS 0.01

This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.Process Name backgroundTaskHost.exePID 6732Average Utilization (%) 0.22Module Average Module Utilization (%)\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll 0.06\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.06\Windows\System32\combase.dll 0.01

This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.Process Name RuntimeBroker.exePID 3768Average Utilization (%) 0.21Module Average Module Utilization (%)\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.11\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 0.03\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\windows.storage.dll 0.01

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

Does the situation improve at all if you disconnect the bluetooth mouse, plug in a wired mouse and reboot? (as a test)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users