Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hardware Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AUnknownGamer

AUnknownGamer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:11 PM

Hello,
I recently bought a computer that was customized in custom gaming computer case I belive, it has blue lighting around the sides of the front panel, and a custom blue l/e/d fan on the left side where you can see through to the computer hardware thats installed. Here's whats installed, Windows Xp Pro, Amd 64 2.8 Processor, Ati Radeon 9550 video card. Im not sure how to find out what the mother board is.

Here's the problem...Last night I plugged the computer into the new Viewsonic 19' monitor I bought last night at compusa all night it worked great, and all day til 2 hours ago its saying No Signal, I plugged the monitor into my dad's desktop and it worked great. I took the gaming desktop to Compusa and they said its either the video card or the motherboard because the computer is not beeping, when it beeps sayings everything is okay but everything else is lighting up like the c/d room drive and the power on switch. Any idea guys?

For upgrades I know im gonna be upgrading the memory to either a Kingston or a Patriot 1 gb for a video card its gonna be a nvidia 7600 gs over clock or a 7800 gt.

Edited by AUnknownGamer, 23 August 2006 - 11:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:57 AM

First of all, make sure the video card is fully in it's PCIe or AGP slot, along with the other cards and RAM. Depending on your manufacturer, the motherboard should be listed on your invoice or there may be a motherboard manual that came with your new computer. All motherboards have their manufacturer, make, and model numbers stamped on them. Considering how full many computer cases are, these may be difficult to see without removing some equipment. I have the Asus A8N32-SLI mobo and if I didn't have the invoice nor knew what that model looked like, it would very difficult for me to tell what it is if the computer couldn't start up. I have a new computer too and my motherboard was defective until a month ago. I know how disappointing it must be not being able use it.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users