Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet after upgrading to Win 10 or after fresh installation of Win7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Annie505

Annie505

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:37 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 series desktop running Win7 Home Premium. I upgraded to Win 10 several months ago and all was well til October when the internet stopped working. I then reinstalled afresh Win 7 via a purchased BUSB from Dell including basic drivers but this did not resolve the internet issue. I tried to obtain the system info you require but recd message" No .NET Frameworkv4.030319" so I can only provide you the following at this time:

BIOS A05 11/10/10

Pentium Dual Core E 5800@3.20GHz

Service tag 5VJ7CP1

Computer says I am not connected to a network. The Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller network adapter from the original Win 7 installation is absent. TheWAN miniport adapters are listed only. I downloaded the Dell drivers available from a laptop and transferred them via USB drive but when I tried to install them an error message indicated deep sleep mode was on. I changed the sleep power option to never but still no internet. I did reinstall Win 7 again but this did nothing. 

I would appreciate any help or advice this great community can provide.  Annie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:44 AM

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? If there are right click each device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post. Because there is no internet you can copy the first line to a text file on a USB and then post.

#3 scottm704

scottm704

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

I second checking device manager to see if the OS is even seeing the network card. Device Manager can be found in Control Panel on Windows 7 under "Hardware and Sound."

It might sound silly but has anyone opened the case or moved the tower recently? If the computer is not seeing the network card in the PCIe slot it may have become dislodged or damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users