Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stupid Questions #2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jagermech

Jagermech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:40 PM

With regards to the front audio connection, the moterboards documentation and the case's wiring do not match up. Because of this, my front audio jacks aren't working.

The Motherboard's inputs are as follows:
Top row:AUD_GND, PRESENCE_J, SENSE1_RETURN, empty, SENSE2_RETURN
Bottom row:PORT1_L, PORT1_R, PORT2_R, SENSE_SEND, PORT2_L

Where would the front audio connectors for the Headphone and Mic jacks be placed

Thank you for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

What motherboard make and model are we talking about? If you don't know, you can find out pretty much anything you need to know regarding the hardware in your computer by running a program called Everest. You can download Everest HERE.

Maybe with that info we can find some documentation for you.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Jagermech

Jagermech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:10 PM

Ah, right, thanks.

The case is a Thermaltake Armor VA8000BNS and the motherboard is a Foxconn 975X7AA-8EKRS2H

And I do have a second question, the mother board says it can support 8 GB of RAM, but it only supports 1GB sticks max. How can I get the other four GB of RAM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users