Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Comps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ABS91

ABS91

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:38 PM

What is a good company that is in a modest price range that makes good computers for gaming?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xtatik222k

xtatik222k

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:30 AM

I think cybertron, systemax or Visionman all make good gaming computers. Not absolutely sure though.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:36 AM

In my opinion, Velocity Micro (I'm using one of their's now), Overdrive PC, and ABS are good companies. In terms of price, Velocity and ABS are very reasonable. Overdrive is very expensive.

3939.png

#4 manu1991

manu1991

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:11 AM

I feel there is a lack of PC's targeted towards gamers . You should assemble one according to your own needs .
Posted Image

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:38 AM

I gotta go w/ manu on this one. Sure it'd take a little bit of effort and research, but the best possible value is in building your own computer. That way you can personalize it and cut costs of items you don't feel you need.

As for the "gaming computer" companies, the only thing i'm sure of is to stay away from alienware. They are major rip-offs....

#6 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

Manu and HM are right...it's worth skipping the pre-built machines to build your own rig. Research the parts, get a budget together, shop around...then let the fun begin.

Tom's Hardware is a great resource site for info and ratings on various equipment. They compare benchmarks between similar components...say, if you are looking for a video card and you want to know how the latest nVidia card runs against the latest ATI card, this is your site.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#7 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

i agree go with your own build it would be better suited for your needs, you can put what u want in it, and it costs less.

i have a comp i built that plays all the latest games (top o da line)
and built it for less than 400$ :thumbsup:
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users