Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Displayport to HDMI adapter for GPU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Veng3r

Veng3r

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

Hi, I'm upgrading my gpu to this http://www.ebuyer.com/749498-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-g1-gaming-oc-8gb-gddr5x-dual-link-dvi-d-gv-n1080g1-gaming-8gd as I'm limited to a card less than 29cm but I need an additional hdmi port on the gpu so I wanted confirmation that I could use this http://www.ebuyer.com/227491-startech-com-displayport-to-hdmi-video-converter-dp2hdmi2# to use one of the displayports to connect to my hdtv leaving the hdmi port free for vr.

I output both a 60hz and 24hz signal to my hdtv and wanted to double check this converter will work for 1920x1080 video and audio and is a good solution as all the gtx 1080 cards with two hdmi ports are too big for my case.

The converter mentions something about needing displayport++ but I can't find reference to ++ on the gpu so I'm just not 100% sure. Confirmation that these will work together for my intended purpose would be greatly appreciated or if you have any links for a more suitable displayport converter on ebuyer that would be a great help too.

Thanks!

Edited by Veng3r, 01 November 2016 - 11:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

As said on other thread, I don't recommend that upgrade.

As for adapter, DP 1.3 connectors always has DP++ feature sop passive adapter like that is OK.

#3 Veng3r

Veng3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. Whatever gpu I end up going for I'll probably need this displayport to hdmi adapter as my case limits me to a gpu under 29cm and finding one under that size with two hdmi ports severely limits my options.

Do you know if I can output 24hz via a displayport v1.4 thought this adapter to my hdtv? Wikipedia says dp v1.4 only does 1080p at 30zz, 60hz, 120hz, 144hz & 240hz and doesn't mention 24hz. Does this mean it won't do 24hz or will it work as 120hz and above are dividable by 24?

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by Veng3r, 02 November 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

Wikipedia says maximum refresh rates for displayport standards. Displayport should support 24Hz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users