Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Car Accident Advise..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

long story short I hit a car that pulled out in front of me.. minor damage, front bumper toast.. 

Their insurance is accepting liability and sending me in for repairs..

Gave me 3 options..

Never been in an accident before so a bit lost on what to do here..

#1 . They provide me a list of Body shops and I select one and let them know and they will send a work order to them. I bring the my car, they access damage and send an estimate for approval and then order parts needed and do work once approved... 

#2 . I go to an State Farms's official ESTIMATOR and they look at car and access damage and cost for repairs and then approve said repairs. 

#3 . I bypass the shops and take pictures of my car at all angles and send them in along with an application for my claim. State Farm will review all things and then just decide on a price and cut me a check for the damages and I can do as I wish with that...

I was thinking #2 but now I'm worried like what if this guy is their inside guy and I get hosed? 

appreciate any advise!

oNe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

#1 is the best, IF you know a reputable body shop. Ask around, workmates, friends, etc. They will hash out a price with State Farm, don't worry about that. If you go #2 you will probably have to use a State Farm approved body shop. They make deals with them for referral; S.Farm saves some money and (hopefully) you get a good job done. Usually pretty dependable work, State Farm doesn't want unhappy customers. #3 I do not advise at all; once you accept the check from State Farm they wash their hands of you and case closed-you are on your own. And....how do you know if they are giving you enough money to find a reputable shop that will do the work?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:24 PM

#1 it is...

Just called and canclled #2 as I felt like they wouldn't be to impartial.. somethin about them being their preferred estimator didn't sit well with me!

Thanks for the reply!

oNe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users