Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"iskySoft Helper compact" removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patvie

patvie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

Hi,

I found an old thread on this, but it said multiple times that the fixes were "specifically for your machine and not to do them on other machines." So I didn't want to try them, although I have already done a number of things before finding that thread..

I've been having ongoing problems for at least 6 weeks and have had several techs check my computer in person and remotely. One of them introduced me to this site.

I have run my regular Malwarebytes antimalware software, plus junkware removal (JRT), and Malwarebytes ADW Cleaner. Still have the box popping up asking to allow  "iskySoft Helper compact" to make changes when I reboot.

Please help, my system is barely running.

thanks so much

Edited by hamluis, 01 November 2016 - 08:13 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected, no logs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:19 PM

It seems that your pc has a problem or could be infected with malware which is going to take some more work and a deeper look. No sense running a bunch of tools here.
Please follow this Preparation Guide. If have already done a step or you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.
Pease include a link to this thread.

Let me know if all went well.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users